Search results

1. Jason Shep

Topping D10 alternatives.

Just grabbed an SMSL PO100 pro on eBay :)
  2. Jason Shep

Thanks ppataki & digitalfrost, I’ll check those out:)
  3. Jason Shep

Hi All, Any alternatives to the Topping D10, for converting usb digital audio to optical spdif? Many thanks Jason
  4. Jason Shep

AVR-X6800H

My limited understanding of this is, it’s a Denon processing mode, any speaker set to “small”, has its bass redirected to the physically closest subwoofer, instead of just being combined with the lfe channel & merged with all subwoofers.
  5. Jason Shep

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

Thanks Bruce, I had been eyeing up that model before the max came along but the max is such a good price anyway, I jumped for it. Just have to install my VOG speaker now & hook it up.
  6. Jason Shep

Same as Vincenzo, they already make so many different versions, would it be so difficult for them to make a model without the volume control? As about the lowest cost monobloc for my Auro3d VOG channel though, I can put up with the volume control.
  7. Jason Shep

I don’t think that’s unusual when bridging an amp?
  8. Jason Shep

Without volume controls, either mono blocks or stereo models would make great value home theatre amps, especially if one has already dropped a small fortune on a nice processor & doesn’t have funds remaining for a sexy mega multi channel power amp. I will be using mine in mono for an Auro3d top...
  9. Jason Shep

You DONT daisy chain them in mono mode! They each connect directly to pre amp via their Left rca input when in mono mode. A volume bypass would be very welcome & I'm just surprised that none of these little amps are available without a volume control, even though they are often listed as power...
  10. Jason Shep

@AIYIMA Any possibility of a version without a volume control? It would better suit users with AVR’s/pre amps/ Minidsp flex etc etc.
  11. Jason Shep

Re. PBTL mono mode connection. Post #34 from AIYIMA. “The right output connect to mono mode A07 max left input, the left output connect to mono mode A07 max left input. So when A07 max is mono mode, all input are the left input port.”
  12. Jason Shep

Any reason to upgrade amp from Denon X3600?

I had an x3600, I now have an x4700, it was well worth the upgrade to get Auro3D.
  13. Jason Shep

I’ve just ordered one of these, I didn’t order a power supply with it though, could anyone recommend a decent quality power supply please?
  14. Jason Shep

Speaker cable advice

Banana plugs or bare wire? I’ve recently moved my audio gear into a wall mounted rack, with the rear of the gear accessible inside a cupboard, now I’m tidying up all the cabling & as I have to see it often (dog food kept in this cupboard!), it’s got me thinking if I should be using banana...
  15. Jason Shep

Denon AVP

I agree with you. Having previously owned the Denon AVP-A1HD processor, then subsequently, a much lower tier Denon AVR-X3600 but with a Lyngdorf TDAI integrated amp doing front L/R & Bass management/room EQ, I preferred the x3600 Lyngdorf combo. An Avr with its onboard amps driving surround...
  16. Jason Shep

Influence of unused speakers in a multi channel system during 2 channel playback?

Lol, I get your drift :D I’m not “worrying”, simply interested & wishing to gather information from the far more knowledgeable than myself community on ASR.
  17. Jason Shep

Influence of unused speakers in a multi channel system during 2 channel playback?

The endgame for me, would be that I wouldn’t bother going multi channel again if I knew it had a detrimental effect to my 2 channel enjoyment. If the additional speakers don’t compromise the 2 channel, then I will add multi channel again in the future.
  18. Jason Shep

Dear all ASR members, Could anyone advise on the effect (or not) of surround/atmos channel speakers that aren’t in use during 2 channel listening, on the sound in the room, do they contribute through resonating or absorbing certain frequencies? The reason I am asking, is because although my...
  19. Jason Shep

Subwoofer amp options

I’ve been using a pair of Crown Xli3500’s on my bass cabinets for 3 + years now & very happy with them, very simple workhorses that sound great on bass/subs. Fans are audible but nowhere near the loudness of Behringer or QSC rmx that I’ve owned in the past.
Top Bottom