Search results

1. M

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

It's available with DLBC now. Strong hints from an interview with Phil Jones that ART is in the works. I think you're being way too cynical with the comments about offering new pricier AVPs with those features. The AV10 is slotted as their pinnacle product - the best they can do engineering...
  2. M

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

I don't think that's it (but that's how I stream most of my music via an Apple TV box into the AV10). I suspect the real reason they didn't include it is they don't want any PC-based streaming apps to compete with their HEOS streaming ecosystem that's built into every Marantz and Denon...
  3. M

KEF R8 Meta Dolby Atmos Speaker Review

Noticed you have a cathedral ceiling with exposed beams. I've always thought this type of ceiling configuration would lend itself to mounting overhead Atmos speakers that would solve the typical challenges of mounting Atmos speakers. If mounted on a gimbal, smaller bookshelf speakers could be...
  4. M

HDMI and DACs not evolving

The AppleTV I have (4K Gen3) does decode Atmos.
  5. M

Paradigm XR-13: Customer experience

I'm also intrigued by these new subs. I just don't see where the value proposition is when compared to say Rythmik F18s, two of which could be had for the price of one XR13 with over a grand left over. Yes they have the built-in RC software and they win the beauty contest 10/10 times. Would...
  6. M

Denon AVR-A1H

The A1H has a TI DAC chip???
  7. M

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

I don't think anyone is trying to be defensive, just trying to understand your perspective. I don't know what to say after reading the above. 94 dB AVERAGE listening level...I drove my Salons with a freaking AVR for a couple of years and had zero issues with their performance. It had very...
  8. M

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Don't mean to get too pedantic but the source of all the heat in an AVP is the AC power input. The easiest way to estimate how much heat an AVP dissipates is to measure how much power it draws and then subtract anything that exists the box in the form of any other kind of energy other than...
  9. M

That's an excellent point and one I was trying to convey but did so less literally. I listen to some music where transients are startling in their effect. What I view as dynamic capability is the ability to produce undistorted, linear transients that are comparable to a live performance. I've...
  10. M

Never mind if the only distinction is 40 Gbps vs 48.
  11. M

Curious what the distinction is between half baked and fully baked HDMI chip sets.
  12. M

I identify somewhat with your journey and appreciate your airing it here in what is perhaps the most opinionated of opinionated public forums. Some random thoughts of some of the things that have come up in what I've read (not the entire thread): - I like how you noted one particular track...
  13. M

Marantz "Cinema Series" "2022-2023" AV Launch Thread

Responding to a question by HiFi5.2 where I posted this in the AVM 70 thread, "Does the AV 10 get warm?" I've only checked once just when streaming youtube videos running Dolby Surround and Audyysey filters, and it was barely warm to the touch. Update: the area I touched was above the HDMI...
  14. M

This thing is built like a tank...very pleased with the sound so far though have not done any room tuning yet. The upmixers are so much better than the 10 year old Dolby ProLogix IIx I was running with. Best sound so far was on an Atmos recording of classical guitar & orchestra rendered at DD +...
  15. M

My bad...not very etiquette - conscious of me. Will repost in the Cinema series thread (there's not an AV 10 thread I could find.)
  16. M

This thing is built like a tank...very pleased with the sound so far though have not done any room tuning yet. The upmixers are so much better than the 10 year old Dolby ProLogix IIx I was running with. Best sound so far was on an Atmos recording of classical guitar & orchestra rendered at DD...
  17. M

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Super nice DAC for what it does - straight up 2 channel audio. Would love to see someone other than MiniDSP add functionality like basic bass management. Yes you can get subs that have LPFs fed via speaker level but that is so old school. Are the DAC sections in their streamers this good?
  18. M

JBL Synthesis SDA 7200. It's an older 7 channel amp (think it first came out in 2015) with 7 independent Hypex UCD-400 modules. These are modules that have been around a long time, preceding the NCore family and used in several NAD products. It's not going to set any SINAD world records, but...
  19. M

Just dropped an order for an AV 10. Was debating between it, the SDP 58 and the AVM 90. Once I saw the preso and test results from the Marantz Europe Rep my anxieties about DAC quality and implementation were put to bed. I've owned a Denon AVR-4311 since 2011 and been very happy with it...
  20. M

I use it to stream music from my laptop Qobuz app to TV (Chromecast Built-In) to AVR via ARC. I like the full screen "playing now" UI it casts to my 75" display while playing the music. If not using Qobuz I stream Apple Music or Amazon HD from the Apple TV4k 3rd Gen. The ATV does not support...
Top Bottom