Search results

1. H

Does leaving multiple headphones plugged into an amp lower the audio quality?

Ah I didn't think that was the case. Why does lower impedance mean more stress? My high school physics class told me that more resistance means more voltage to overcome it.
  2. H

Ok I will probably unplug the HD800S from the amp then since it's a pretty high impedance set. Surely the 55ohm Focals and a 32ohm set of IEMs won't overstress the amp?
  3. H

Just a question that I've had lately since I have 2 headphones and my IEMs plugged into my amp all at once. I do this to swap between them since I change devices several times a day. Usually I unplug my IEMs when using headphones so they aren't overdriven at the headphone volume level but other...
  4. H

EMI buzz from my Moondrop Blessing 2 running through Topping DX7 Pro, help?

I used a Fiber TOSLink and that's solved the issue completely.
  5. H

Thanks a bunch for your help! One last question. How impactful is jitter really? It's definitely not something I've personally noticed in the past. Usually just comes up in measurements to show the technical prowess of the aformented hardware.
  6. H

Ok do you recommend the USB cable you linked above or the Toslink? Will Toslink be lower quality at all? I know I can't use it for my 5.1 system since it's just stereo. Does it have any other limitations? I try to use USB when possible to keep the signal digital until it gets to my external...
  7. H

I already have a Monoprice Monolith USB cable. Is that nice enough? I figured digital didn't matter one way or another anyway. I just have it to match other cables.
  8. H

I just received my Moondrop Blessing 2s in the mail from Amazon. So when I plug them in to my 1/4 port on the topping DX7 Pro I get a constant whine noise. This noise is unaffected by the volume level of the amp. It sounds one way at idle, another way when I move the cursor, and constantly...
  9. H

Looking for an actual quality AVR?

Price isn't necessarily the problem. Mostly I just like getting a really good value in my purchases. If I spend $2k but it's better than $5k AVRs then that's probably my purchase. The cheapest of the top 5 of anything is usually what I end up buying. Right now I just think that the list of...
  10. H

Ideally I'd like to see all those ugly and extremely messy analog outs getting taken out. I don't know why you'd need them in 2020ish. They just take up so much room and make the back of the I/O terribly cluttered. There has to be some cost savings to recuperate there which can allow some...
  11. H

Does anyone know of any quality AVRs for sound reproduction? Now that I have read the reviews on some common AVRs (most much nicer than my own) I feel that I cannot logically upgrade or form any opinions about my home theatre sound until I get a Receiver that is capable of even simply...
  12. H

Help with understanding Intermodulation Distortion, THD+N Ratio vs Freq, and White Noise Spectrum?

I have been looking at the DX7 Pro review a few times and looking for some explanations for the graphs listed above in the subject line but I am not sure exactly how good those readings are. If someone bought a DX7 Pro as a DAC only would that pretty much be an end of buying DACs as far as...
  13. H

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

What's the fastest way to get a DX7 Pro in the US?
  14. H

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

I apologize for the terribly nooby post. I have to know how to read this info though! Can someone explain to me what imbalance vs volume is? Also what is SMPTE Ratio vs Measured level and how to read the graph? Distortion vs power? How does the impedance matter? Lastly, channel imbalance...
  15. H

Can you expand on what you mean? Am I bypassing the amp and just using the DAC or am I simply using the balanced output from the amp? I was planning to use the balanced headphone output anyway. I haven't had a chance to try a balanced pair yet and I've used the HD650, HD600, HD700, HD555...
  16. H

@amirm I know you have fully recommended this DAC/AMP combo but I read everywhere that behind your cans the most important part of your setup is the amp. So the fact that this amp is great but not superlative is worrying me a bit. I am going to get some HD660S cans soon and I was wondering if...
Top Bottom