Search results

1. A

LS50 vs LS50 Meta Comparison

I’ve had the original LS50 for a couple years now and have wanted to compare them to the Meta ever since they were released. I use EQ to make them more neutral so I wasn’t expecting the meta to be much better but they do have better directivity and therefore are better to EQ. I see a lot of...
  2. A

Denon S760H

I just picked up this receiver to replace my 3500H, yes it's technically a "downgrade" but I don't use the Pre Outs or Audyssey so the HDMI 2.1 was the main reason I switched it out. Not too surprising they sound identical with the same functionality, the big difference is MultEQ is much worse...
  3. A

Research on reflections

I've been wanting to compile some of the current research on reflections into one thread for awhile as a reference and of course some debate as I know there are differing opinions on some of this and I admit some of this going to be my own editorializing based on personal experience with various...
  4. A

Zaph ZA 5.2 Pair

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/2-way-speaker-kits/zaph|audio-za5.2-tm-2-way-pair/ 260 for the ported kit The cabinets are from Parts express: https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...y-curved-speaker-cabinet-gloss-black--302-711 Total materials are $400, I'm selling for $200 due to...
  5. A

What is a resonance?

After some discussion in another thread I thought it might be good to discuss what a speaker resonance is as there seems to be some confusion about the term as it relates to speaker systems. Most irregularities in speakers are loosely defined by Dr. Toole as a resonance while in the classic...
  6. A

LS50 Spinorama and EQ

I realized a few people around here have LS50s and there isn't a readily available LS50 Spin so I figured I'd post one I found in a random study in AES. Thanks to @napilopez for directing me to VituixCAD so I could trace the original graphs and export the curves into REW for a proper scale and...
Top Bottom