Search results

1. o7_brother

Topping A30pro vs A90.

Both are fine. K702 and LCD-2 are not hard to drive, A90 SE outout is fine. A90 will have better re-sale value, so go for that. A30 Pro has so much power that you will not even need high gain at all. A90 has pre-amp function, idk if that matters to you.
  2. o7_brother

HD650 and ADI-2 PRO balanced mode

As someone who has owned that stuff, the HD650 does not need the balanced mode whatsoever. Even after the negative pre-amp gain of my EQ profile, I had tons of headroom left with the regular SE cable. If you want to try it for fun, go ahead, but there is zero practical benefit unless you have...
  3. o7_brother

Kef R3 + SVS 3000 Micro - digital crossover (at what frequency?)

Just chiming to say ou don't need the UMIK-2 if you're only doing in-room measurements, the UMIK-1 is fine. What have you read/researched so far, in terms of how to do a 2.1 setup?
  4. o7_brother

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

It's important that you understand what those numbers DON'T tell you. That number quantifies how flat the speaker measures -in a vacuum, which is a useful metric for sure, but you also have to think of the real-world scenario. There is basically no difference between 6.2 and 6.31 in practice...
  5. o7_brother

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Power is the most important measurement, and this amp does not have that much power... Why not get an NC252 based amp for the same price and get much higher power output at equally-transparent SINAD?
  6. o7_brother

Develop a metric for CD Transport and CD Player performance

Isn't this test basically pointless? We've known how to do audibly transparent transports for a few decades now.
  7. o7_brother

Dutch 8C or ATC SCM50 with Trinnov ST2

Having the D&D 8c and the ATC SCM50 in the same conversation is odd indeed.
  8. o7_brother

Genelec 8351B Teardown (2nd Disassembled)

This has to be some kind of elaborate troll. Surely no sensible person actually believes they have a deeper understanding of the long-term durability of driver materials than a reputable company like Genelec, which produces one excellent product after another? Can you imagine a room full of...
  9. o7_brother

Q re: Harman "more bass" group

ER2XR has the minimum amount of bass acceptable, in my opinion. I guess it really is personal preference.
  10. o7_brother

Q re: Harman "more bass" group

You may be looking for this picture: Same thing for earphones:
  11. o7_brother

Best true wireless? (or value IEM)

Sennheiser has a slightly strange "house sound" for their IEMs, where they lack upper mids compared to the Harman target, oratory1990's target, and crinacle's target. They're not horrible by any means, but I'd recommend you have a look at this guide: https://crinacle.com/guide/tws/ "Sens will...
  12. o7_brother

FX Audio DAC-SQ3 Review

Anyone know if the Toslink and SPDIF outputs also have volume control via the buttons/remote?
  13. o7_brother

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Will this heat up as much as the A30 Pro? Maybe not the amp itself since the PS is external, but would the combined heat output of L50 and its power brick be the same as the A30 Pro? I like my A30 Pro but in summer it heats up my desk space too much... A90 is better in this regard.
  14. o7_brother

Denafrips Ares II not NOS

The point is, does it even matter in terms of audibility?
  15. o7_brother

Sound quality: Spotify Premium vs Qobuz. Convince Spotify very high quality has good enough sound quality.

Then you should really do the ABX test - http://abx.digitalfeed.net/spotify-hq.html
  16. o7_brother

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Debatable, especially considering DCA's planars are very sensitive to how the pads fit your head. Got glasses or a beard? Say goodbye to bass and lower mids.
  17. o7_brother

Also, I have to ask, since Amir now has a good number of headphone reviews under his belt: What is the point of that group delay graph? Besides "don't EQ sharp dips in the treble", I don't see what it can tell us or how it correlates to sound quality. Is there any research done on this? RTings...
  18. o7_brother

Great review of a pretty cool headphone! It should be noted that the drop-off in the sub-bass is likely down to seating conditions (getting a good acoustic seal). As far as I know, every one of the Audeze LCD headphones, except the LCD-1, is capable of flat bass extension, as can be seen on...
  19. o7_brother

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

If this thing had a remote with a volume control function à la E30, it would be 100% perfect. Still one heck of a package.
Top Bottom