Search results

1. S

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I thought the ARC Genesis does exactly the same what DLBC multisub does without extra costs in MRX1140 or AVM70 and 90 models which are the only ones to have separate dual sub outs. @peng knows more?
  2. S

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

New flagship AVR will be announced soon, Cinema 30! Probably just a face lifted SR8015 with optional Dirac Live, 4x sub outs, full set of hdmi 2.1 in/out. Price 4000-4500$? :rolleyes:
  3. S

Denon x4800h vs marantz cinema 40

I would expect Cinema 40 to measure better if it uses identical HDAM module as SR8015, based on Audioholics article. Hopefully one day someone sends this unit for Amir or the upcoming Cinema 30! Editorial Note About the $1k Price Difference Between Cinema 40 vs Cinema 50: Cinema 40 is...
  4. S

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Don´t know how happy the D&M products would be with lower than 4ohm loads, but the power supply in the X6800 isn´t much different to X4800. Even sharing very similar size block capacitors.
  5. S

Are there benefits of having a big ported sub in a small room over a smaller sealed one?

Yes from 20-40 Hz the SB2000 is definitely better and it plays deeper than SB1000 Pro due to optimized roll-off slope maxing room gain so purely for home theater use that would be easy choice! I don´t really know what type of effects and how deep bass the current games have. I stopped playing...
  6. S

Are there benefits of having a big ported sub in a small room over a smaller sealed one?

Why not PB-1000 Pro as you can run it ported and sealed? No regrets later and you would be settled with more capable sub for future if you move house where you crank louder. The 1000 and 2000 Pro has similar frequency response, but you don´t need the extra headroom the bigger model offers. I...
  7. S

Arendal 1723 Speaker Review

If the listeners aren´t sitting far off centre i don´t see issue nor isn´t any owners complaining about it in such scenario. These speakers are quite massive though and ideal for dedicated cinema room where as something like Kef R6 Meta is more living room friendly, but would it keep up with...
  8. S

Arendal 1723 Speaker Review

Thanks for the review Amir, nice to finally see Arendals here! :) As for the 1723 being slightly bright sounding i don´t recall owners founding that as the comments are mostly always how neutral they sound. This range has been very popular in Europe for long time as they were introduced around...
  9. S

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

Higher models with class-d amps are coming LX705/805 etc. One thing to notice when choosing which brand to choose Onkyo or Pioneer is with the latter you can`t choose individual crossovers for each speakers where as Onkyo RZ-50 to my knowledge doesn`t have this limitation. Post #9...
  10. S

If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do?

85db sinad not acceptable? :D Gene Della Sala said; 70dB SINAD is still .03% THD+N which is below the audible threshold for most mere mortals.
  11. S

I just Fried fairly expensive AVR which is NOT mine

Arcam`s AVR30 flagship receiver at 6600$ went into smoke after running B&W 800 serie D3 or D4 speakers on other forum and there was lot of burned parts. Even expensive Anthem MCA525 power amp had issues with 2ohm loads, remember @peng the thread at Audioholics? So if that kind of product can´t...
  12. S

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

What about Onkyo RZ-50 which comes with Dirac? No support for dlbc though which is left for the RZ-70/90 possibly.
  13. S

Disappointing, but not necessarily deal breaker as the new features/connections like 4x sub preouts and Dirac support makes up the SINAD drop and the old ones had ~80db SINAD which shouldn`t be issue. Could/should have picked something better from ESS, but every dollar counts and the engineers...
  14. S

Best looking units available at this price region! Expect them to measure slightly worse than X3800H due to opting for Ti DAC chips with HDAM. Cinema 40 should have the improved SA-2 version like SR8015 and manufactured in Japan so fingers crossed @amirm gets the Cinema 40 and 50 at some point...
  15. S

Arendal Sound

Perlisten company owner Dan Roamer has been linked to Arendal products. Dan worked at/with Claridy Audio and InterSource OEM long time. Claridy Audio has been linked to Monoprice THX, SVS and XTZ Sound products. As @Buckeye said it´s tough to get confirmation. As for build construction /...
  16. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Some little birds saying R serie is being discontinued and new R3 Meta coming at February 2023. :) Not that suprising if true as there is some good deals for the R serie currently.
  17. S

Which AV receiver Would you Recommend.

Try to get good black friday deal next week from the SR8015! Pioneer`s new model LX905 is likely to be introduced next year with Dirac Live! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/exciting-news-from-onkyo-and-pioneer-tx-rz70-vsx-lx705-tx-rz9-vsx-lx905-auro-3d-dlbc.26252/...
  18. S

Yes, SR6015 -> Cinema 50. This is why i don´t understand why Turbo6 downgraded from X6700H (11.2/13.2, 140w, Japan) to C50 (9.2/11.2, 110w, Vietnam). Cinema 30 should be introduced together with X6800H fall 2023!
Top Bottom