Search results

1. I

Amplifier for the KEF LS50s

I used to think that - don;t worry about the power as the LS50 sounds just fine at lower power levels. But that was until I tried something with higher power levels! I went from topping PA3 / IOTAvx SA3+PA3 combo / SMSL S8 (ice 125) / XTZ A2-300. Only with the XTZ do I think I have reached the...
  2. I

Beginner-Advice: Buying Amp/DAC for KEF LS 50 + SVS SB-12 NSD

Looks like I have the exact combo you are aiming for - Kef LS50, topping dx3 pro DAC/Preamp, XTC Edge A2-300 power amp. I feed it from a RasPi using an allo signature hat & also have a minidsp HD so I can smoothly integrate a BK subwoofer. It's beeen a long journey getting to this, having had...
  3. I

SOLD: Ncore NC250MP monoblocs - Audiophonics PA-M250NC

I've pinged over a dm regards these also - happy to go ahead if these actually become available sometime soon. Cheers
  4. I

Nearfield audio setup - next steps?

Ok - got the UMIK-1 and had a play with REW. I'm not going to post up graphs of before & after - suffice to say that I applied the Harman house curve in REW & tweaked slightly to tame the bass response around 80-120 Hz, and slightly cut the 4kHz-6kHz range to bring the response more in line...
  5. I

Does make me smile :) The thing is - I do what makes me happy in life & I'm ok with tweaking for a while until I am satisfied. Every 5 years or so (when something has failed & no choice but to replace) I do the same - I just want to get it to that point of 'good enough for me' & then I move...
  6. I

It's not really been so expensive to get to this stage to be fair - all the old kit goes up on ebay for not too big a loss, as far as a 'hobby' goes it is cheaper than the pub long-term. I've had a play with REW last night & it looks straightforward enough - just waiting for delivery of a...
  7. I

FX Audio dac-x6 or Topping MX3?

Topping MX3 is a great bit of kit & amazing value. The sound is better than you would think from the tests on here & to be honest does many things really well indeed. All the little touches that you don't consider pre-purchase are done to perfection - like auto switching to headphones when you...
  8. I

See - you guys have inspired me! Thank you! Investigating EQ seems like the logical next step. Regards active speakers, that’s what I have been running for the last 10 years. I’ve gone through 2 sets of quite expensive speakers due to internal failures of the electronics... so now my...
  9. I

My problem is that just because I think it sounds fantastic right now, it could be even better - does that make sense? Just knowing that it could be more amazing makes me want to explore options for improvement.... it’s probably a never ending journey!
  10. I

So - I've been on a journey to get the absolute best nearfield setup for my computer desk, without breaking the bank. I've worked through various cheap mini amps (SMSL SA50, topping mx3) and speakers (Q accoustic 2010i, 3020i) to settle on the following setup: Topping DX3 pro dac/head amp...
Top Bottom