Search results for query: usb trigger

1. J

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

has anyone tried if that actually works with the usb port?
  2. E

=18681&o=relevance']Yes. I have too, and mine is working flawlessly through a bus-powered USB hub, which allows me to keep a thumb drive plugged in at the same time.
  3. Kachda

1. Newer minidsp shds shutoff the usb host port when switched off. You can create a usb to 3.5mm mono cable as a trigger. Search the forum to see posts by members who have done it. 2. You get 4 presets in minidsp shd dirac. You can use them anyway you like. You could use 1 preset for headphone...
  4. RichB

I use a USB to trigger cable to power on the AHB2 amplifier. The MiniDSP (NEO3) that started shipping in Jan 2021 does not supply power when the unit is off. The MiniDSP comes with a remote that power it on and off and the USB/Trigger powers the amp. The supplied remote is weak and requires...
  5. RichB

That table is USC-C you need USB-A. A trigger is not stereo and an off-the-shelf USB-A to trigger may not work. I made my own, so it works. What I can tell you is this can work, but if you want it to work, your going to have to learn about cables and how to learn code with Harmony. - Rich
  6. S

Nice, that's good to hear. My amp trigger input receives signal from +5v to +12v, and requires stereo (for meter illumination), so I could just use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099FFTVRN Anyone have luck with a Harmony remote using the SHD along with a TV?
  7. S

I'm not trying to boost volume, I'm trying to put a max volume limit in to protect the equipment in case of accidents as is prone to happen in a shared family room - what's the best way to do this? Good to know about the USB port..but as I understand it there's no way to switch the SHD off via...
  8. RichB

The newer Jan 2021 hardware using the NEO3 processors and also powers the USB port when powered on. Prior to that, the USB port had constant power. I have the newer hardware and constructed a USB to trigger cable that automatically power on the AHB2. The AHB2 like many amps trigger powers on 5...
  9. Kachda

1. Since minidsp does not have earc, you can’t control volume like you can with the m10. However, You can program minidsp shd volume to the LG remote. 2. I would not boost volume in plugin, only use it for filters. 3. The latest minidsp switches off its usb host port when it’s switched off. So...
  10. S

Right, realized that it's USB-C - found the right one now, thanks for that. I do need stereo on the other end though if I want the McIntosh amp to light up haha. I saw that I need to run REW to set the crossover and delays for the sub prior to running Dirac (which I've done before with the 2x4...
  11. N

Once again @devteam I’m crystal clear on all of your reasoning around the USB Host port because I’ve heard it a dozen times while we keep ignoring my much larger issue. I think you’re the one who is mistaken here. @ironhorse128 can confirm but what I think they are saying is that they are using...
  12. E

If I didn't already have the SHD I might be tempted by the Flex over the SHD to save some money, but there is no advantage to the Flex (same DSP platform, etc.) and the SHD has some really nice features over the Flex: 1. Integrated streamer. Yes, it's easy and cheap to add an external streamer...
  13. RichB

The ARX needs 12 volts the Emotiva ET3 might trigger on the USB and provide the 12 volt out. - Rich
  14. D

Oh wow... In that case, we indeed completely missed that... Thanks for pointing this out... I didn't realize that it would be how the USB port is being used.. @ironhorse128 , knowing what I learned, NO you shouldn't use a USB to DC cable to power your DAC. Your DAC has an external AC-DC power...
  15. M

...confused but I don't see the issue here. They fixed your unit and our now providing you guidance on how they think you should setup the USB trigger based on their knowledge of their own product. Seems most likely they gathered some additional information about that relatively non-standard...
  16. Kachda

Sorry Ive kind of lost track. Are people with neo3 able to use the usb to trigger power amps? If so might be worth selling my neo2 and getting a neo3
  17. Sonnie

I have one of those, but you have to have something to trigger the ARX ... are you suggesting the USB could trigger it? If the USB on the SHD will trigger the ARX, what would trigger the amps? I believe the ARX only has 12-volt trigger in connections.
  18. D

@ ironhorse128 There is zero issue "whatsover" to connect a "USB device" to a USB port of the SHD. Customers do it for ever, it has never been a problem. :-) It's a USB device, may it be a HUB, may it be a "USB device" (as in USB Host/device) that will "handshake" the power requirement to the...
  19. N

Just wanted to make a couple updates, hopefully without typing too much. Noise issue (a short, high pitched noise when I put my Neo3 version into shutdown, more info here): miniDSP finally decided to send me a new power supply after a million emails back and forth. Sadly that didn’t do...
Top Bottom