Search results for query: Neurochrome

1. Alfachris

Upgrade LM3886 to Neurochrome Modulus 686

...bi-amplified by 4 mono blocks attached to the back of the speakers....the compression chambers are powered by 2 amplifiers mono based on Neurochrome Modulus 86, and 40cm bass by 2 amps mono based on basic LM3886 modules...... Would it be easy to change the basic BTL modules of the bass amps...
  2. J

Finished A Neurochrome Modulus-86 Amplifier

Hello ASR, DIY products from Neurochrome are known around here but perhaps not as much as they deserve. From my own experience, reasons to use Neurochrome products include: great information and support, easy to build and implement, easy to achieve ultra high performance. I can't think of a...
  3. B

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp

The support from Tom @neurochrome is also epic... I managed to build a Mod 86 that worked first time..
  4. C

More Is Better? 6336 / 6528 OTL Headphone Amplifier

Beautiful! Did you use Tom Christiansen's Neurochrome Maeda regulators? Have you considered writing it up for AudioXpress?
  5. B

"Bamboo Project" : Dual Mono 3E Audio 480-1-29A Amplifier

I got scared by another post of DACs doing max volume... Made a preamp using a neurochrome universal buffer. Weak point of a cheap Alps pot...
  6. M

New Purifi amplifiers coming

...https://weiss.ch/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/OP1-BP-Datasheet-R1.pdf of course this is the manufacturer’s claim. For instance for the Neurochrome universal buffer we get +-15V max, and 15V/2.1μV = 0.7*10^7, a ratio (of absolute magnitude RMS values) that corresponds to about 137DB, as claimed...
  7. manisandher

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp

I've got 12 Neurochrome modules (in two different active systems). In my main system, they drive 109dB/W@1m compression horn tweeters. Only the slightest hint of hiss with ear right next to horn's mouth. They are brilliant amps IMHO. Mani.
  8. C

More Is Better? 6336 / 6528 OTL Headphone Amplifier

Did you notice that Neurochrome have a 2.1MHz SMPS, very compact, for filament supplies? I think AudioXpress would be quite interested. They regularly have "hollow state" features, with descriptions of circuits or complete projects. Jan Didden is an especially knowledgeable technical editor.
  9. daniboun

3e audio TPA3255 260-2-29A Amplifier Review

I agree ) I remember the Neurochrome Modulus-286 Amp tested by Amir . I always enjoyed these modules! https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-neurochrome-modulus-286-amp.6443/
  10. MAB

New Purifi amplifiers coming

OK! Yeah, that's a heroic claim. Would be nice just for the see it backed up. I do like the low noise floor since I use with compression drivers and other high efficiency speakers. These OpAmps really don't limit the design though, or am I missing anything?
  11. pseudoid

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

Good on you! But.... would it hurt you more to post associated links, rather than your readers scurrying about in attempts to find out what a Neurochrome or a Bernina is?:facepalm:
  12. NTK

I am looking for a really small amplifier for a special speaker project.

Not as high performance as the Neurochrome Modulus-86, but cheaper. https://www.diyclassd.com/products/diy-components/amplifier-modules/ucd180hg-with-hxr
  13. gene_stl

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Power Amplifiers don't have need to improve very much , any more. If you have a Benchmark or a Neurochrome you are pretty well set. There isn't much point to "improvement".
  14. G

A Neurochrome Modulus-686 Safe-n-Sane (built by Tom Christiansen) for me and a Bernina 535 for my wife. I think we’ve got the next 10 Christmas holidays covered.
  15. B

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

...a working amp first time and it was a great way to spend a few evenings. Its a bit addictive though, I have since made a modulus 86 from neurochrome and a 3e audio diy. Great way to spend a few evenings and super rewarding. Perhaps great amp for a second system if you are looking at numbers...
  16. B

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

Forgot to mention, for the XLR, you need to connect Pin 1 to ground using the tab (big discussion, I did it and there is no hum or buzz, ground loops or whatever!). Take a quick look at this epic video from Neurochrome of how to wire the back panel and switch.
  17. G

Didn’t realize links was mandatory in this thread. For those it would hurt more to figure out what these items are: Neurochrome 686 Bernina 535
  18. J

Speakers make a pop sound when amplifier is turned on.

Thanks, I’ll check that out.
  19. staticV3

I am looking for a really small amplifier for a special speaker project.

Hi @macyone! Welcome to ASR. The Neurochrome Modulus-86 sounds like it might fit the bill. It's a very high quality amplifier board, 9x7cm in size, with 40W at 8Ω and 70W at 4Ω.
  20. J

My Neurochrome Modulus-686 Build

I once looked at Neurochrome and after comparing the apples to a battlecruiser I decided that it's not worth it. The alternative build totals for less and you can put it in a box too.
Top Bottom