Recent content by ztatic

1. ztatic

Headphone Measurements for All

It would save me some time to see that data. How do I find it? (Thanks. )
  2. ztatic

How would you define falling apart?
  3. ztatic

Didn't realize how to create a profile. Just added a short posting. Yeah, I'm David Janszen. My father was Arthur. Electrostatics are in my blood, you could say. I'm happy maintaining the family restriction to developing electrostatics, because I'm pretty sure they're the highest fidelity means...
  4. ztatic

Edited post to partially account for your comment. Thanks.
  5. ztatic

Edited post to partially account for your comment. Will check out the papers you cite. Thanks.
  6. ztatic

Edited post to account for your comment. Thanks.
  7. ztatic

In another thread, the off-topic topic of headphone measurements came up, where I declared that I think the standard way is problematic. Someone agreed and someone else suggested I start a thread about how I'd do it differently. In my work, I have reason to do such measurements. I've had a...
  8. ztatic

AXPONA 2017: JansZen Electrostatic Headphones

Thanks to those who've pointed out my mistakes. Sorry to have ruffled feathers in the process. Looking forward to knowing what I'm talking about when it comes to the research of others before I state opinions.
  9. ztatic

That excerpt, at least, is about the effect of reverberancy and reflections on the audibility of resonances in musical instruments and voice. It concludes that low and medium Q resonances are heard more easily when such reflections and reverberancy are present.
  10. ztatic

Earlier in this thread, there was a reference to a review in Soundstage claimed the inaudibility of a couple of peaks that would obviously be audible. The author made his statement as if readers would just naturally agree, without attesting to his own experience of those peaks. When I pointed...
  11. ztatic

This is a statement about the audibility of resonances produced by musical instruments and voices, not by microphones or speakers. The conclusion here is that some local ambiance is necessary for perceiving these low to medium Q musical sounds. It's thus not pertinent to our discussion of the...
  12. ztatic

Last bit of straying -- I need to acknowledge what you say here -- sorry -- didn't realize Toole has said all along that he simply investigates what's preferred by a majority of his subjects. I have seen his work cited and employed as though this were not the case. We all know sound...
  13. ztatic

Shooting for the end of the month. If you sign up for our newsletter, you'll hear about the launch just before it happens.
  14. ztatic

I should have just said midrange and treble peaks are obviously audible, as pretty much anyone's ears will attest, and it's not sensible to rely on someone's data to disprove what's obvious. There's a reason why the term peaky came to prominence in the early days of microphones, phono...
Top Bottom