Recent content by Zoide

1. Z

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Yes, I look forward to some trickle down too! €2500+ for the E3 in Europe is just crazy.
  2. Z

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

@amirm What can explain the more "closed in" sound of the Stealth vs the 009S, given that there's nothing "magic" about electrostatic headphones and that the Stealth measures much better in terms of Harman FR compliance and group delay? I currently have the STAX SR-007MK2.9 (spring and...
  3. Z

He has cheaper models, but what drives me crazy is that some reviewers call the E3 "mid-tier" and "affordable". Such a classification for a €2500 headphone would have been unthinkable when I joined the hobby 20 years ago.
  4. Z

Any comparisons of the E3 versus the Audeze Maxwell? AFAIK, both follow Harman closely (and are closed). Thanks
  5. Z

Has anyone had a chance to compare the E3 to STAX headphones like the SR-007mk2.9 (spring and blu-tack modded) or the SR-L700 (blu-tack modded)? Thanks
  6. Z

JM Audio XTC

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see so much enthusiasm for new audio equipment. That being said, please keep in mind that this is a forum where objectivity should be first and foremost. Literally calling something the best in the world and ruling out measurements and EQ will not get you a very...
  7. Z

JM Audio XTC

Did you not read my previous post? I would expect better from a moderator.
  8. Z

JM Audio XTC

I can see the merit and value of both arguments: The objectivist case for determining if JM Audio's claimed innovations are plausible given the science involved The subjectivist case for adding listening impressions as a complementary data point So thanks for sharing them! Let's just please...
  9. Z

JM Audio XTC

What do you mean? I'm a layman but am open to learning. Thanks
  10. Z

JM Audio XTC

Come on man, no need to be nasty.
  11. Z

JM Audio XTC

Has anyone here listened to the JM Audio XTC headphones? https://www.jmaudioeditions.com/product-page/new-inventory-xtc https://www.jmaudioeditions.com/product-page/copy-of-new-inventory-xtc-closed-back They are original creations from John Massaria, who apparently has a very good track...
  12. Z

Torn: Focal Elegia vs. Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X/RT

How does your DCA Aeon 2 Noire compare to your Stax? I have the L700 and have been tempted to get the DCAs. Thanks
  13. Z

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

How does the ANC of the XM3 compare to the passive isolation of the Truthears? Is Truthears' soundstage / imaging worse than that of the full-sized XM3's? Thanks
  14. Z

What about the soundstage and imaging, though? And how would the passive noise cancelation of the earbuds compare to the ANC of the headphones? Thanks
  15. Z

How would the sound of these compare to full-sized Bluetooth headphones like the Sony WH-1000XM3? Thanks
Top Bottom