Recent content by zakazak

1. Z

Audio Processor needed: Multi channel to 2.0 (Large Speakers)

@sigbergaudio there is a new FW update for the X2 which adds handy features and even seems to improve the calibration. I have no set the low/bass filter to +2dB for 0-110Hz. This is my new resp curve: https://files.bestmail.ws/X2/RESP1.SVG One questions regarding subsonic filter: My speakers...
  2. Z

Room measurement comparisons with Dspeaker Antimode and MiniDSP/Dirac

He is using the old antimode. Maybe that is different?
  3. Z

This is all really interesting: I have tried to fiddle / replicate all kind of things (e.g. +/- dB for low/mid/high on my amp trying to replicate the calibrated EQ of the AM X2). Tried to moving speakers (I have very minimal room, can provide pictures if anyone is interested) and so on. This...
  4. Z

Ye it is basically a one of a kind for that price and does just enough for what most people would need. Regarding REW: Getting a mic and REW to see my whole frequency response won't help much because there isn't much more I could adjust with the X2 anyway?
  5. Z

Ye that is why I meant that DSPeaker (who provides the microphone) could provide the calibration file maybe? Or a simple software to use their microphone to make decent frequency measurement graphs. They could save the whole frequency response in the .svg in the first place lol. But then the X2...
  6. Z

Oh thanks. That makes sense. Thank you a lot for your guidance! I guess that first peak after 100Hz (or basically the first neutral/flat level right after the dip, where your red line stops) will also be increased by +2dB because that looks like it will still be within the 120Hz? Maybe I can...
  7. Z

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. So the X2 Bass Filter (it has the following steps: 80 / 120 / 200 /320 /500 Hz) regulates the starting point at which the filter starts to increase low frequencies when dips are present. It doesn't effect the decrease of peaks? Currently it is at 200Hz...
  8. Z

Ye but tbh if I raise the bass with +2/3dB, then the freuency response will look pretty much the same as without the calibration? Basically it didn't do anything for me besides lowering the 40Hz peak (according to the graph). At the same time I could just reduce the bass on my amplifier by a few dB.
  9. Z

Just attach a USB drive to the device and then start it. The LED display will show a short "Loading bar" from left to right. After that it will start up completely and the .svg files will be written onto the USB drive.
  10. Z

Alright I did a complete reset because I was unsure how much the settings (range & filters) have been altered already. This is the graph right after reset + calibration. I guess brown = before calibration and green = after calibration. Doesn't look tooooo flat to me but it also only shows...
  11. Z

I selected 2.0 I use 2x Magnat Zero 8 Specs in german: https://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Magnat_Zero_8 Specs in dutch: http://www.magnat.tv/o5.shtml Does that give any information on which range I should select with those? Subsonic FIlter probably off? Btw, should I set the range and filters...
  12. Z

@sigbergaudio so I did a quick first calibration. The results are interesting but I have mixed feelings: There seems to be a lot less drone in my room. How ever, the bass it self is a lot lower as well. I changed the bass range to +9 on the DSPeaker X2 (which is maximum) to get back some...
  13. Z

It was delivered today but I am not home yet :) Thanks for the info regarding the stiffness of the cable. That will make it easier! Oh and that drawing.. my god.. you are better than Picasso! Thank you a lot. I will report back on how the results are ;-)
  14. Z

Alright, a small stick to create the 5-10cm distance and tons of tape to mount & stabilize it :D :D And I guess with the headrest at the "high position" while the mic is at ear height? See the "pink" addition to my drawing below ;-P
Top Bottom