Recent content by yuki900

1. Y

The diminishing returns and poor price to performance of $1000 gear

The V tuning is just a happy compromise since there catering to a group who no past experience on what good or reference. When i was on Reddit/head fi quite a few hated ER4/Grado unfairly because they don't have boosted bass. Even the CFA house sound takes a hit on clarity because of dip at...
  2. Y

Everyone ear canal is different so it's a 5 answer question. No idea why his example is the Isine 20 when with low THD and EQ even the Isine 10 can rival the killobuck stuff same with a mildly EQ'd ER4SR. So many IEM measuring + reviews ignore that issue, Like someone reviewing the ER4 but never...
  3. Y

I've been thinking this for ages but honestly hate how people oversell or hype stuff in this area. The Andro, IE800, SE846, HD800 and more all have flaws that the HD650/ER4PT don't have both are $300+ headphones. The ER4PT can reach 17k yet every chart shows the 846 rolling off sooner than...
  4. Y

Human beliefs sure are weird. Why is it so difficult to get audiophiles to accept the existence of perceptual bias?

Has anyone ever found it funny when a reviewer is offended when there stuff is questioned?. There one who on Reddit that does this, Where he gave a user a wall of text how objectives are assholes. Because yeah I'm not gonna read stuff by a dude who can't handle when objective data proves his...
  5. Y

Is lossy outdated in 2019 & onwards?

I'm starting to wonder if HA is fudging results on Apple AAC & Vorbis transparency because V5 Lame sounds better to me than they do at 96 ~ 128kbps with ambient music?. No idea why places like Reddit take them seriously when a user on Doom9 found they were binning results that painted Nero AAC...
  6. Y

I think subband codecs are more robust to artifacts than MDCT based ones suffer from. But I'm still shocked at how good musepack is at 160 - 192kbps for stuff, it's like it can cover all music?.
  7. Y

The latest one lame 3.99 to 3.100. Sounds like to me VBR fails to use a 320kbps frame to aid quality, but when i tried prurient history of aids at 320kbps i can hear in the intro of the first track a click sounds wrong while the lossless one is fine. Musepack at 192kbps doesn't have the issues...
  8. Y

Human beliefs sure are weird. Why is it so difficult to get audiophiles to accept the existence of perceptual bias?

Wasn't PRAT there way of poorly explaining driver differences that may or may not be there?. Because attack and decay seems to be the new name in newer reviews?.
  9. Y

Since i got locked out my account by my stupidity. I can't remember it was way back, but i'm sure there were linked samples since my OP say's so. It's not the first time i was told i was invalid for easily ABX'ing high bitrate lossy because of my genre choices, The haters nikamu 2007 last track...
  10. Y

It's a term reviewers use to act how a balanced armature IEM sounds different than a Dynamic driver. A DBT of the ER2SE to the ER4XR is possible because i wonder how much expectation or sighted bias is at play.
  11. Y

The biggest issue i notice is when that a lot of reviewers love saying ignorant things that have no objective basis, it comes off as them making up terms like BA bass or timbre. The andro, W40 and more are 6db and above bass wise i know some who will argue how there still weak to a Dynamic with...
  12. Y

There own wiki and even FHG even admitted that MP3/AAC can't cover all content even at 320kbps. Some even showed 400kbps Wavpack hybrid or Q8 Musepack doing much better with harder to encode samples. Audiophiles have shown different ways that MP3 can break, i tried yesterday cymbal and...
Top Bottom