Recent content by Yorkshire Mouth

1. Yorkshire Mouth

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Hi, this is what you do. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth Look at 'MY DEVICES'. To the right of the device name there's a blue 'i' in a blue circle. Click on the 'i'. You'll get a list of device types - choose between them. By the way, that list of device types only appears if and when the...
  2. Yorkshire Mouth

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Okay, a specific question. This amp with a pair of Revel M16s in a room 5m x 3m (that’s 16’5” x 10’). Comments? Enough Power?
  3. Yorkshire Mouth

JBL Tune 710BT - Great UK Sale Price

A quick update. I live in Yorkshire, which gets warm about once every 6 years. On the odd occasion that I’ve walked to the local shop (which is when I do a deal of my listening) when it’s warm, and worn over-ear headphones, my ears have become very sweaty. As such, I expected I’d be using my...
  4. Yorkshire Mouth

U.K. tv tonight (Monday 6th June 2022)

I’ve no massive confidence. However, being on BBC4, it has more chance than if it were on most other channels.
  5. Yorkshire Mouth

U.K. tv tonight (Monday 6th June 2022)

BBC Four (HD) 23:30 (11:30pm). How to Make: Headphones
  6. Yorkshire Mouth

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I think ‘state of the art’ just means the latest, best, cutting edge technology/features/materials/design. We’ll all have our own frequency preferences. But perhaps the key thing here is that we have a headphone which clearly aims for Harman, and hits a bullseye. It has very low distortion. As...
  7. Yorkshire Mouth

Amazon Music HD up scales everything. So...?

Are you sure? Last time I checked, USB on all fires is in-only, and the only way to connect to a SAC is using a HDMI audio stripper.
  8. Yorkshire Mouth

Amazon Music HD up scales everything. So...?

I can't answer that, but I'll have a look at the bitrate when I get chance. Not sure when that'll be, as I disappear to Skiathos for 10 nights on Wednesday.
  9. Yorkshire Mouth

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Shame we have to pay such high prices in the U.K.
  10. Yorkshire Mouth

JVC HA-SZ1000 Review (Headphone)

But surely, in the same way the headphone-buying community likes different frequency curves now, the eq correction could be equally different. It’s just as difficult to accurately re-create an inaccurate target sound as it is an accurate one. And just as easy to eq to that incorrect curve as a...
  11. Yorkshire Mouth

Could you be more specific? Do you have to take them off because of something to do with the sound (distortion?) or a lack of physical comfort from the unit itself?
  12. Yorkshire Mouth

It strikes me that some companies like Harman have the R&D clout to tune headphones physically. For others without their resources, this may be a more cost-effective way forward.
  13. Yorkshire Mouth

They arrived yesterday. I won’t post a review, as I’m not even close to being either expert, or trained, or golden-eared enough to pontificate. I will just offer a very subjective first view. - They sounded great to me. - They’re very light. - Clamp force is initially a little tight, but time...
  14. Yorkshire Mouth

I can understand @amirm ’s reasons for not EQ-ing these, but I’d love him to reconsider. My reason being, this is something that’s been asked about a lot. What would happen if you EQ’d a pair of headphones which were way off target with their frequency response, but had the ability to cover the...
  15. Yorkshire Mouth

There are many of us who can't get this to work on anything, and others for whom it's flakey, suddenly stopping working for no reason, etc.
Top Bottom