Recent content by Xen560

1. X

Multi driver vs Single driver IEM's

The second part with poor crossover or too much overlap.
  2. X

I've heard frequency overlap is a issue. Like say if few of there drivers pump out a frequency at the same time.
  3. X

You can even get 18 BA set up, called the 64A A18t.
  4. X

Can agree with that, for either more bass or something. Never heard the falling apart thing with the ER4's with loud volume, even with a 5db bass boost on my XR and loud listening. That sounds like the same excuse why no one beyond Final, etymotic and custom art use single BA set up's. But...
  5. X

True its nothing beyond bragging rights, like the CIEM's that are 4 driver hybrids or the 4+ BA set up's. Allot them even now still struggle with getting the crossovers to work. The XBA-N3AP still has recessed mid issues that a 1 driver set up never has issues with.
  6. X

Not sure where to post this, but i notice this allot on few audiophile sites. Where everyone say's that anything with 2+ drivers are best, Yet the ER4S still beats allot of multi BA set up's. More so with some good EQ applied. I use my ER4XR yet with a EQ it sounds better than the SE425, W40...
  7. X

To EQ Or Not To EQ, that’s the question.

I use EQ to get bass boost mainly at 60Hz at Q0.5 with EQ apo, including a treble boost and taming the 2 - 3k area a bit, for my ER4XR.
  8. X

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I own both the Shure SRH1540 and Etymotic ER4XR(EQ'd). But the XR is the only i mainly use for everything. Might keep the 1540 in case i use my room again.
Top Bottom