Recent content by Wenslauw

1. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

You sure are a fan of active speakers. :) I like the way the Elac Navis ARB51's do it. You can bypass the digital part completely and hook up analogue cables to feed them directly. Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed with them when I heard them. They were connected wirelessly to a discovery...
  2. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Thanks, but I only want new stuff I can audition with speakers/components I want.
  3. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Do you have examples of such amps?
  4. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Don't class A amplifiers run really hot? I also haven't come across any. Seems like most (popular) brands stick to AB these days.
  5. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Thank you. I think it's a protected name as of 2010. I read somewhere it would take a lot of money to make sure it's not produced outside the Netherlands. I don't know the details. I never eat the stuff myself. ;)
  6. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

I think I've mostly been hearing class AB. The Primare was class D. The Naim had a class A pre amp, but I don't know what the rest of the amp is. It's not always easy to find those details about an amp.
  7. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Don't worry, I wasn't in any way offended. I'm just curious what you meant. I'm just very curious and quite obsessed with finding what would be best for me. I haven't heard much yet, so I'm still quite a blank slate. Which is also a bit uncomfortable as there is so much equipment to listen to...
  8. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Someone else mentioned active speakers. I have thought about it as I read in several reviews where it said that it often works better than passive speakers, but I like the possibility of upgrading components.
  9. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Most floor standers are quite big. The footprint might be just as big as a bookshelf on a stand, but they will look rather massive in our living room. At this point in time I'm thinking of putting them where the current (small) speakers are, on both sides of the tv. As the room is only a little...
  10. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

I think I'm reading some some sarcasm there? ;)
  11. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Thank you. It's all down to personal taste, isn't it? I've heard Harbeths, but they didn't impress. This might have to do with the less than ideal setup. We were too far from the speakers and they were too close to each other. I've heard several amplifiers. A Primare i15, which sounded 'muddy'...
  12. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

This is indeed the town the cheese is named after.
  13. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Ha, I was born in Groningen. I'm still thinking of what path to take, but initially, it'll be about 6k for speakers and amplifier. 80% for the speakers? I keep hearing something like speakers double the price of the amplifier. I don't think that's an absolute though. So far the best I've heard...
  14. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

And we're in the same work field too. I currently write software for designing railways. :)
  15. Wenslauw

New member from Gouda

Good afternoon, Yesterday I found this forum when I googled a Lyngdorf amplifier and today I decided to join. I'm getting back into the audio world after not having had stereo system in my home for about a decade or two. Earlier this year I bought some headphones (Shure SRH1540 and Sennheiser...
Top Bottom