Recent content by warthor

1. W

Perlisten speakers

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification.
  2. W

Perlisten S7t Speaker Review and Measurements (Audioholics)

It appears these speakers rightly are getting a lot of attention! Sadly, they are a bit out of my price range. Do the R5t warrant some attention as next-best? It would appear they will be less price and also have the THX Dominus Certification (R5t Tower — Perlisten Audio , scroll to the bottom)...
  3. W

Perlisten speakers

Something is not adding up. To me this would be like breaking the world record in many different races (100m, 5 mile). Though the requirements are different it still is the first to break certain thresholds. Breaking the record in one category (i.e., s7t) is remarkable, but in all categories is...
  4. W

Perlisten speakers

One thing I am confused about is how all their speakers and subwoofers appear to have the THX Dominus certification, including the R5t, S5m, and S4s. I am truly curious about this. Does this mean they can create more clean/loud output than all other speakers before them in equivalent categories...
  5. W

Polk Legend L800 Tower Measurements

Thanks for the info! Did you find that at a local polk dealer?
  6. W

Polk Legend L800 Tower Measurements

I am not sure if this is related, but: Do Polk Dealers offer discounts or can you get these cheaper in any way?
  7. W

JTR Subs for HiFi and Music Primarily

Slightly off topic but regarding multiple subwoofers: Does a dual opposed subwoofer give the same benefit as having two subwoofers at different places in the room ? I am limited in my ability to get two large ugly boxes in my family room.
  8. W

Buying B-stock speakers /studio monitors

Because of warranty issues I would be wary to buy speakers with active components on b stock unless the warranty is the same. In all likelihood you won’t have any issues but if you do speakers are just so costly you want to be protected. Or at least that is how I think about it.
  9. W

Amazon Warehouse Deals: Major cosmetic damage

More reason to lament missing the deal, then! :) I will keep that in mind next time.
  10. W

Amazon Warehouse Deals: Major cosmetic damage

Thanks for your insight there. I suspect it is simply necessary to order it and determine the condition of the speaker via inspection. If the product is in poor shape it doesn't cost anything to return it to amazon. There was a great deal on KEF speakers I really wanted and I choked and missed...
  11. W

Subwoofer Comparison

Monoprice frequently has sales on the 10", 12" and 15" subwoofers (timing unknown). Also, SVS has four times a year sales on President's day, Memorial day, Labor Day, and Cyber Monday. I believe the steepest discounts occur on Cyber Monday. RSL frequently seems to be on sale, as well (timing...
  12. W

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

I would definitely enjoy more content like this @hardisj . It was very good content and very helpful for decision making regarding sub choices.
  13. W

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Klipsch RP-280FA Floorstanding Speaker Cherry Vinyl - Pair 1063347 2 (adorama.com) $699 (includes atmos modules)
  14. W

Aperion Audio Verus III Concert V8T Tower - Released with SPL vs Freq

Thanks a lot for sharing your analysis. It does look good to me (but the bass bump is odd). I suppose we need to still wait for the independent analysis for directivity like you mentioned.
Top Bottom