Recent content by wargreymon

1. W

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

I am having the same version as yours right now. So i guess mine was factory updated firmware.
  2. W

May I know what this firmware update fixed? I just got my unit yesterday :oops:
  3. W

As long it can screw it it should be alright. Anyway they doggy tail is just conceal a wire inside. I had a chat with some technical guy from china about it and it seems that they said they tried making use of 4 channels at first and yet can't get a great result by just using 2 channels you...
  4. W

Manufacturer claims are bias :p Guess the output impedance is kinda neglectable since most of the input is quite high. Seem like D90 is the more convincing one to go with. I have a harder time to convince myself to get M400 than D90 :confused:
  5. W

I just got a reply from SMSL that their output impedance is 470ohm while Topping D90 having 100ohm for unbalance and 200ohm for balanced output. Having hard time decide between these 2 :facepalm:
  6. W

Hmm. Maybe i should go for D90 instead of the M400 with the knob issue and also the high output impedance. But M400 looks good with the LCD screen...
  7. W

So what is your decision of those 3?
  8. W

@amirm For the output impedance part, do you mean that it will be harder to pair with another amp due to the 1000ohm? I am planning to get this DAC and later on ELAC Navis ARB 51 active speaker to pair with it. Not too sure if this will be a problem.
  9. W

smsl sp200 + m200 vs m500

M200 and M500 both are just DAC/pre-amp only. You would still want to get an amp if you buy the M500 so do the M200 to drive the amp. At the price, sp200+m200 is hard to beat.
  10. W

Looking for recommendations of DAC, SMSL M300 Mkii or Schiit Modi 3 or JDS EL DAC II

Unfortunately yes, when I went for RMA and come back the guy told me that its the DAC that failed and changed. And now the same thing happened again, currently running at 65% volume level on the left and 100% on the right. Last month was 75% and 100%. I planned to 1st get a DAC and when I move...
  11. W

Looking for recommendations of DAC, SMSL M300 Mkii or Schiit Modi 3 or JDS EL DAC II

I have done some research after you mentioning it. D50S seems to be a very pleasant DAC and a big improvement from its previous D50. And now it is at the top of my list. Kinda want to wait for the SMSL M400 and have a comparison, both seem to be in the same budget. Thanks mate.
  12. W

SMSL M8A seem to be discontinued. However, I heard lots of review saying that SMSL slightly lacking at the bottom and high. How is your M8A compare to D50S? I probably able to get the D50s under 200USD. Does the D50s give out the "ess hump"? And also heard that SMSL is coming out M400 with...
  13. W

Yes. I had tried plugging directly to the pc using 3.5mm, another mobile DAC (Sonata HD via 3.5mm), and also Bluetooth, it all working fine except when I plug in via optical.
  14. W

I currently have a pair of Audioengine HD6 but the DAC in it seem to be failing with left speaker being louder to the right one. This had been happening for the 2nd time where the last RMA took me for 3 months. So, I am thinking that it is time for me to go for an upgrade instead of sending for...
Top Bottom