Recent content by Wafflesocks

1. W

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

I've been known to drop them on occasion :D
  2. W

The most comfortable headphones: a) Open b) Closed

I wonder if there is a perception bias that comfortable headphones sound better, or better sounding headphones are more comfortable. (Not limited to these two options, just a passing thought)
  3. W

ASMR Survey - pleasant or awful?

I should have watched the vids referenced before voting Does more to put me to sleep
  4. W

ASMR Survey - pleasant or awful?

For relaxing, I like some of them...... but I will probbably fall asleep
  5. W

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Iowa is still increasing at less than 20% increase per day. Found ground beef for the first time in 10 days... hoarded 1lb (aka a 2 month supply for me, dont eat a lot of beef) I'm most nervous about other people not being proactive at all.
  6. W

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

What kind of grip do you need? Dirtbike, motorbike, pushbike, griptape?
  7. W

1st case in my county was reported this morning(central iowa). Yesterdays increase statewide was 16.6% Our governor was very proactive in this, and watching states around us, I am glad. I hope we can keep this from spreading to quickly. Stay safe everyone.
  8. W

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Clearly need to build an ideal dedicated listening room, sound isolated from the outside world. (This post is sponsored by the letter 's' used in words like sarcasm)
  9. W

Let's talk about food!

Crispy crunchy spicy chicken
  10. W

Greeting From (Almost) the Middle of Nowhere

Welcome aboard!
  11. W

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

Agree, I didnt know it existed back then. I may retest, as it would be fun to see if equipment improvement has made up for hearing loss as we age
  12. W

Anybody Out There Who Hears a Difference Between 320 kbps MP3 and Red Book CD? What Differences Do You Hear?

Had a hotkey to shuffle playlist of 20(10 songs, 1 in wav, 1 in 320mp3) songs, turned off the monitor, shuffled list, hit play. Wrote on Piece of paper and compared to playlist at the end. It was the only way I could figure out at the time how to do it blind.
  13. W

320kbs mp3 vs wav ripped from cd. 1 song each from 10 CDs, used jriver for transcoding.
  14. W

Before I did a dbx, 12 years ago, I was sure I couldnt hear a difference. When I tested on speakers (18/20) and headphones (17/20), I was frustrated, as it ment re-ripping my library. It was subtle for me.
  15. W

Best desktop DAC under 200usd

Topping d50s, when drop has it for sale, is under 200, and has bluetooth.
Top Bottom