Recent content by VQR

1. VQR

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

We need some brave, under-the-radar member to do this. Can't have the plan be too public. :p
  2. VQR

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

@amirm any chance you can check what you paid in 2017? Would be fun to compare the price difference now and then.
  3. VQR

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I wouldn't blame ASR or Amir since most on the forum understand SINAD is not the end-all, be-all. Most lean toward preferring more features over a slight improvement of one metric. We have reached a point where technical transparency is both more affordable and widespread. DAC's, preamps, and...
  4. VQR

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Do we know the actual margins on those IEM's? I don't doubt the Hifiman would have larger margins given the price tag, to be clear. Some people say that GS is still figuring out his ABX box to this very day.
  5. VQR

Ironically, most of the comments bringing up $20 IEM's are by people who think it's impossible for a cheap IEM to be preferred over a $6,000 headphone. Most people on this forum know you can't get the same tactility out of an IEM as you would a headphone. A better comparison would be the...
  6. VQR

Criticize a sacred cow, and suddenly a flood of new signups need to question your hearing and clamor that all your measurements are meaningless... ironic how no one questions your hearing or measurement quality when you praise a $4,000 headphone. It's been awhile since anyone asked about...
  7. VQR

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

But that's unfair! How else can someone know what they're listening to other than by eyesight?! :p
  8. VQR

Extreme Snake Oil

We need cryogenically treated wood from a special audiophile GMO sapling. Only a sapling will do, given its virginal qualities.
  9. VQR

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Schiit is saying the driver CAN change. This Halo circuit is supposed to reduce distortion, yet we see no proof this is true. Have the measurements been published that Schiit claims prove there is lower distortion? I have to agree with @solderdude acoustical measurements aren't ideal, but I'd...
  10. VQR

Hi-fi Ethernet cable - does it help with network streamer?

Audiophile ISP: premium cables from server to home! Introductory rate! $50,000 a month for lightning fast 8 Mbps!
  11. VQR

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

Since my turntable is 50 years old, I need to recap and decided to add a 5 pin DIN output. I ordered the parts for the latter today ironically enough. ;)
  12. VQR

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

My apologies, then. I shouldn't have speculated and spread FUD out of pure cynicism. To be upfront, I do trust Buckeye Amps a lot given the reputation for responding professionally and fixing issues. I've bought from him for that very reason. This particular amp is definitely quite good.
  13. VQR

There's also no provided time over which peak power was sustained. Maybe I'm cynical, but Hypex' excluding that information suggests the period where you can get and sustain that power is impractically short.
  14. VQR

If I walked into your place and saw that, I definitely wouldn't think the rack was ugly. It's got a great flow and look to it! Industrial is a nice aesthetic. I must compliment the cute little Charmander. I used to keep a Ho-Oh and Calumon on my phono stage! :p
  15. VQR

Hol'up, I forgot to plug in my toilet...
Top Bottom