Recent content by voon

1. V

good in-ear please ?

I guess most youtubers can be used to just get a selection of well made, solide and not obviously very bad items (excluding all QC issues etc here), which I already find valuable. Wethrr the soundsignature is your type, noone knows, unless you know exactly what the reviewer in question tends to...
  2. V

good in-ear please ?

ZS10 Pro is one I have on order, getting it soon .. apparently quite a good in ear for the price. I also have BGVP DM6, which are great, but on another budget level .. apparently the successor DM7 is even better.
  3. V

Which small, inconspicuous USB DAC/AMP for IEMs in the <100 USD range?

I now decided on something and bought a Fiio Olympus 2 E10k ... seems to be the successor to the original one. Thank all of you for your valuable input!
  4. V

I'd like to try here ... head-fi, while being a lovely forum, has this tendecy to explode into all directions :P I had hopes that there's a bit more measured and a bit less headplacebo here. One is 20 Ohms, the other 30.
  5. V

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

No, no date ... just that they are working on it. I'm not mad, because the two headphones destroyed are cheap as they come crap things the smartphone makers put in the box ... I didn't use those, really, and wisely used them first to test this. If they had killed my ChiFi DM6 I'd be rather...
  6. V

I'm trying to find a small headphone amp, that has to drive Chi Fi IEMs atm like the KZ ZS10 Pro or the BGVP DM6 I both own. It doens't have to be battery drivable, I'd just want it to do proper USB DACcing to Windows 10 PCs with no hiss if possible. I'm not sure if 24bits/96kHz or so are needed...
  7. V

One thing that speaks for Topping is how much service I got. My original dx3 pro managed to burn a few of my cheaper test headphones ... to much power, they got hot and died. According to Topping, to whom I sent my unit back, a damaged Opamp. After that, topping immediatly sent me a new unit...
  8. V

A little update to my "fried earphones": Topping contacted me and will ship me a new unit from a new batch around Xmas. I didn't have to ship the broken unit back, which is nice, since it'd cost me around 50 USD. I'd like to, thoguh, so they can analyze it.
  9. V

It shows up in Windows as an Audio device, so you can play from your Laptop/PC. Download the Thesycon driver Topping provides on their website for a higher bitrate etc ASIO sound out.
  10. V

Btw: Thanks to everone of you responding to my problem :) It doesn't seem to matter much what music is playing .. it' stays around 8.2 - 8.4V DC or so on the right channel. It also only happens if I start playing music (when you hear the internal relay clicking). If I measure it without music...
  11. V

It's just normal IEMs for phones .. they have the extra ring for the microphone (headset IEMs).
  12. V

Oh well :( What worries me, is that it initially worked ... can this happen just because I had an IEM in it (a TRRS one)? I'm worried, because even if it was replaced, I'm worried it'll happen again. @TP-Wong Hello .. aren't you from Topping and could add to this convo, please?
  13. V

Ok, sorry, I'm not a very electronicy person .. I bought this one day to have somethign around :) Yes, the video was AC and you do set it manually with the SEL button. I now measured it on a DC setting. The left channel shows 0V (or if I have it on mV, it jumps around 0.1 mV). The right...
  14. V

I tried to measure my right and left channel voltage now with the suggestion to use my UE TF10 cables. I currently can only use a cheap chiense meter (which cant sit still .. wild jumping numbers until you actually measure something, then it stays stable .. a battery I tested etc, so the...
Top Bottom