Recent content by VladimirJ

1. V

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

The 3020i's were in competition with the PSB Alpha P5 when I chose speakers for my office. I liked the QAs more, so I bought them and didn't regret it.
  2. V

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

Thanks! I won't be driving the MAs with WiiM - I have a pair of QA 3020i's ready for the WiiM. I used those with WXA as well, and it was a good match. QAs are quite versatile in my view and I enjoyed them with several different low-power amps (both class D and class AB). I expect/hope they will...
  3. V

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

Thank you very much for this detailed information. My experience with WXA wasn't a bad one, on the contrary, but I did feel that it's tad underpowered and couldn't play as loud as I would like with my old Monitor Audio Bronze 4 floorstanders. But, as you rightfully said, it is all subjective and...
  4. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Hello, Could you please give us your impressions about the sound quality of WiiM connected to BR03s? I have those speakers and a WiiM Amp on order and was wondering what could I expect of the combo... Thanks
  5. V

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

Hi, Thanks for this information. I am a WXA-50 owner as well and have a WiiM Amp on order. Although I generaly like Yamaha's sound, I find it a bit dry and clinical at times. As well, I could never make tone adjustments in the web settings app (type of speakers, etc...) - they were always grayed...
  6. V

WiiM Amp discussion

+1 here! But, I could see the first few WiiM AMP reviews (Darko, Cheapaudioman...) were not as enthusiastic as I was thinking they would be, given how much praise those guys gave to Mini, PRO and PRO+ earlier. Guess there's nothing else to do but to try it out :)
  7. V

WiiM Amp discussion

I have owned a Bluesound NODE for several months last year, in parallel to the WiiM Mini. For me, BlueOS is a more mature system than WiiM Mini, but not significantly. On the other hand, I've sold my NODE, bought a decent DAC for my Mini and I am a happy listener for half of what I paid for the...
  8. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Hi, No, you're not missing out on anything, for sure. I use the same WXA-50/Wiim Mini combination as you do, and the sound through Yamaha's DAC is much better, fuller, more precise and more coherent than the sound through the WiiM's own DAC in the Mini.
  9. V

WiiM Amp discussion

Yep, I forgot about the WXAD-10... I owned that one before I purchased the WXA-50 and the Mini. As for Tidal and MusicCast combo, it's workable... bearly, but workable :)
  10. V

WiiM Amp discussion

As an owner of both the WXA-50 and the WiiM Mini, I can attest that the differences between Yamaha MusicCast app and WiiM Home app are significant and lean positively towards the WiiM Home, at least for me. It's simply a much more potent and modern app, by any account. I like the sound of my WXA...
  11. V

CSS Criton 1TD-X Kit Speaker Review

Plugged the ports. Sounds better to me. Thanks!
  12. V

No need to be snapy... I didn't mean to offend anyone.
  13. V

Unfortunately, that is a no-go in my listening room. I simply don't have the space needed for that. On the other hand, I found them bass-heavy in my other listening room, where they were removed approx. 2 feet from the back wall and at approx. 5 feet from side walls.
  14. V

Thanks, I will do that once I get them back from a loan. I was asking about the room size since the other speakers I'm interested in are the Whatfedale Linton 85s and I'm affraid they might be an overkill in my room.
  15. V

Unfortunately, it's not a computer, but a streamer, so the eq would need to be a hardware one. I will try out some speaker solutions, as much as it will be possible, but I do hope I will be able to change my room situation a bit as well. Thank you!
Top Bottom