Recent content by VladimirJ

1. V

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Thanks That also crossed my mind: I will try to find something else to plug the TV in and test the cable. Although, the cable does glow red at the end, so I don't think it's the cable. Might be wrong, of course. I am using the "optical in" - btw, I can't find an optical out on my WXA-50... :)...
  2. V

I've tried the following: 1) kept the WXA unplugged for more than 2 minutes - no result 2) did a reset of the WXA - no result 3) restored factory defaults on the WXA - got the settings back (I can change settings in the web-interface now), but still no sound from the optical input 4) changed the...
  3. V

Could anyone please tell me if you have had problems with the optical input of the WXA-50? It suddenly stopped working on my unit. I tried another cable with the same result, so it's something to do with the Yamaha or the source. As well, I can't change any settings on the web control interface...
  4. V

I did get the Tidal streaming back, but I can't change ANY settings neither in web UI nor in the web setup. Don't know what's going on. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Vlada
  5. V

I didn't update the firmware yet, but Tidal stopped working for me today. MusicCast requested me to login to Tidal, which I did, but when I get back to the app's homepage and click on Tidal, it just returns me to the login page. Does anyone else have the same issue, or does someone know what's...
  6. V

Hi, I was thinking of buying the LS50s to replace my Canton 502.2s with my WXA-50. I expect more bass and better imaging from the LS50s, and they're on sale now. Can I ask you what is it that will make you return your LS50s? What is it that you're not satisfied with? Thanks Vlada
  7. V

Thanks, I will. But, does it matter at all if I put "Direct" to on? Does it have any bearing on the sound?
  8. V

Hi I have changed the speaker type in "Settings 2" from Bookshelf to Compact, just to try the setting out, but now I can't change it back to anything else. I have tried several combinations of EQ, Bass extender on/off and Enhancer on/off, but the Speaker type setting always reverts to "Compact"...
Top Bottom