Recent content by Vi Hermens

1. V

Help Shape Our Next Innovation: The ZA5 Balanced Power Amplifier!

Hypex. $300. 500wpc. In a nice fat case with VU meters (like the speaker switcher). XLR and RCA in. Maybe even.... HDMI ARC. Mmmmmmm.
  2. V

IP/Brand Ownership - A Guide

In a constantly changing world, we've grown up using brands as a mark of quality and reassurance. Naturally, canny businesspeople clued into this quite early. I wanted to record a list of brands and owners, just for kicks, but also so people understand the giant octopus of interrelated entities...
  3. V

Western Electric, history plus new speakers!

It's interesting - the original tube co was Westrex, which was also the cinema sound division. It looks like the owner purchased Westrex from AT&T, with all the tube manufacturing machinery and IP, and eventually just vacuumed (lol) every bit of the remaining IP and branding from AT&T's...
  4. V

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

It’s bizarre, but the V3 went WAY louder than the ZA3 on the pair of 1977 Klipsch Heresy that I had until recently! I do wonder if my ZA3 is faulty - but it sounds lovely on the Klipsch KPT8001s I use in the dining room, so it’s staying put. For what it’s worth, the V3 and the ZA3 are...
  5. V

Fosi Audio's First Integrated Amplifier with VU Meter-MC351 Discussion

If it’s not too hard, use the same chassis as the amp switcher you just released - with the internals from 2 x ZX3 in monoblock mode feeding a channel each - major The industrial design of the Fosi Audio stuff is improving massively and it makes it a whole lot easier to take a chance on it...
Top Bottom