Recent content by Vain

1. Vain

Amplifier comparison: March Audio P452 (Purifi 1ET400A) vs Buckeye Hypex NC502MP vs AIYIMA A07 (TPA3255) vs Onkyo TX-NR737 (125W Class AB)

Put them on Google Drive and share them :) The biline site is slooooooooooow
  2. Vain

Class A amplifier

Definitely get a turntable - a decent one :)
  3. Vain

Class D vs Class A in Jay's Subjective and self serving comparison

I think many would love to have the budget he has to play with the stuff he has :)
  4. Vain

Can you give us an insight / test of THE ULTIMA SIGNATURE MAT by Marigo please Mr Amirm

I would like to know what the burn-in time is for the mat and the feet
  5. Vain

Any vintage DACs worth owning?

There's this https://www.stereophile.com/content/krell-reference-64-digital-processor-measurements
  6. Vain

Any vintage DACs worth owning?

There's always the Krell Reference 64 - a tad over 20 years old :)
  7. Vain

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

My speakers sounded great right out the box and still do. If I don't play them for a few days, then play them, they still sound great. Glad I didn't buy Audio Note AN-E's - would suck to buy speakers that sound crap, then sound good but if I don't use them I have to wait 10 hours for them to...
  8. Vain

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

That's splitting hairs - that's like me being a film critic, not liking a movie I watched and letting the director know but nobody else knows what I think. His reasoning is summarised as: - it's easy for me to select what I review - I like to watch movies with happy endings - do you really...
  9. Vain

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

I see the Thomas Stereo YouTube guy is expecting a showdown about this review when he reviews it... I'm expecting him to love this of course but he has already said he doesn't review anything he doesn't already know he is going to like so there you go
  10. Vain

Cybershaft Platinum Review (External Clock & PS)

The power supply looks cool - how pure is it?
  11. Vain

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

All I want to know is where I can buy these panthers :)
  12. Vain

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

Now there's a good idea - just ensure it's resin encased so the magic cannot escape. Interesting how these guys market this https://www.claruscable.com/Clarus_Concerto.cfm It gets tested by these guys - with measurements -...
  13. Vain

The best way to bring audio enthusiasts from the dark side and see the light?

Bit of a catch 22 then because we are naturally biased towards subjectivity - and vision contributes 80%+ to that. So if the goal is to move more people towards Class D (for cost, environmental, better sound etc reasons) then they need to be more visually appealing, more tactile, better design...
  14. Vain

The best way to bring audio enthusiasts from the dark side and see the light?

I cannot say I fully understand the Class D amplifier approach. In my simplistic understanding, it seems like different manufacturers use the same/similar modules, add a few bells and whistles (or not), put it all in a different box and that's it? Looking at the insides of the ones I've looked...
Top Bottom