Recent content by Ukraineguy

1. U

Heco Aurora 1000 (audioholics review)

They don't do what the Polk r700s do on those low hits in Sara K Water Falls. Close but not as good.
  2. U

Another crossover rebuild ahead.
  3. U

Just got a pair for $990 plus tax. Comparing to Polk R700's
  4. U

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Any chance of getting a couple of Left and Right LFE outputs on a 2 channel setup anytime soon?
  5. U

KLH Kendall (opinions?)

They won't get near 20! I owned a pair. They sounded nice, but I'd say 35 was more realistic.
  6. U

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Why do you think they named themselves 'hyp-ex'. Maybe that is short for 'hype exponential'.
  7. U

New NILAI Class D from Hypex?

Thanks for catching that! Happens when you get old. I fixed it, but can't delete the thread.
  8. U

New NILAI Class D from Hypex?

I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion about the new Nalai DIY boards from Hypex which should be rolling out in March 2023. Maybe I missed the threads, but I couldn't find anything. What is the 'word on the street' about these 'too good to be true' sounding boards?
  9. U

Which purifi amp to get?

What is the word going around about the new Nalai Hypex amps coming out now for DIY? What I read sounds very interesting for $1200.
  10. U

Please help me decide what amps to buy

I'm one who thinks home theater doesn't require top notch equipment like 2 channel stereo does. With that in mind, I'd advise you take a look at Parasound Zonemaster 2350 or Legacy Audio Powerbloc4. Both use ICEpower 700AS boards.
  11. U

Comparing Buckeye and VTV Purifi Amps

So you are saying that based on all the data and the price (I can't find them any lower priced) to get something newer. I started getting that feeling but wasn't sure. If they were $400-500, maybe but not $1000 plus! I've heard VTV's quality is pretty low - any truth to that if you know...
  12. U

I know I'm probably late to the party, but are the ICEpower 700AS1 based amps (like Parasound 2350 and Legacy Powerbloc2) been surpassed by latest designs? Are they a 'waste' of $1200 now?
  13. U

Which purifi amp to get?

looks like a hot dog with way too much mustard! If me, I'd definitely opt for the one with the tube input circuitry.
  14. U

Hello, I just joined and this is my first post. I thought I would reply to this thread since it is raising some same questions I have. First, I own 'old' amps - Threshold S/200, McIntosh MC2105, Parasound Halo A21, and a McIntosh C33 preamp. I have a DIY pair of Criton 2tdx towers which are...
Top Bottom