Recent content by Typevii

1. Typevii

Any lovers of ambient?

https://www.cryochamberlabel.com/ Lots of great dark ambient on Cryo Chamber.
  2. Typevii

Best speakers on the market(regardless of type) for up to $10K?

Neumann or Genelec There we go. Which ones? Mix and match with sub up to your 10k depending on your use case.
  3. Typevii

¿what is your speaker, amplifier and dac configuration?

Intel nuc with Roon ROCK sending the bits over wifi to:- Living room - pi4>RME ADI-2 DAC>Benchmark AHB2>Revel F206 Home Office - pi3B+hat for coax>Neumann KH750+KH80
  4. Typevii

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

Looks like this thread has de-railed back to audio discussion. Any french lager needs Picon added. Much like adding Campari to white wine. Sophisticated special brew.
  5. Typevii

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

It also lets you select the 'type' of wall as well, soft (drywall) or solid (concrete/brick) for the sub, and distance to listener. You can then edit the final results as needed manually if needed. (however, as has been noted, this is a real pain on the ipad using only the touch screen sliders...
  6. Typevii

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Great result, fantastic work and as has been said now many time big thanks to all involved. Looks like l’ll have to keep my basement a little warmer in the winter for perfect listening :-) These things are tiny and they go plenty loud. I listen with them 1.5m away on a large desk with kh750...
  7. Typevii

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

BMW R80G/S and a Honda Africa Twin
  8. Typevii

Your "Desert Island" Album

:) Yes, "Lullabies to Violaine" Vol 1&2 would have been my choice if I had not felt that selecting a compilation or box set would be going against the spirit of an 'album'.
  9. Typevii

Decent inexpensive (relatively) XLR cables

Another vote for Bluejeans. Not the cheapest, but quality Canare star quad cable (thin and flexible) and Neutrik connectors, custom lengths and fast shipping.
  10. Typevii

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

The original google reports are here, with additional explanations https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/ They are only tracking if you have location history turned on... "Insights in these reports are created with aggregated, anonymized sets of data from users who have turned on the...
  11. Typevii

Snakeoil Co. - Kemp Elektroniks

“Elektrosmog”, of course. I always wondered why my RME sounded so veiled. My house is full of elektrosmog. ;-)
  12. Typevii

Neumann KH 80 DSP Monitor Review

Just to add, I use these as desktop speakers, listening distance 2-3ft. Absolutely silent, no hiss or hum whatsoever audible. The only hiss is as previously stated, if I really get my ear into the waveguide, there is a barely audible hiss (which I had never heard until I just tried getting my...
  13. Typevii

New Amp for Audeze LCD-3 (and maybe DAC?)

RME ADI-2 DAC Long thread on here. Quite a few folks here have one so hopefully any questions can be answered.
  14. Typevii

XBOX ONE controller as a USB DAC... WHAAAAATTTT?

Xbox has a deeper black background for sure.
Top Bottom