Recent content by twistedin

1. T

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I have a spare 36V6A power supply from an AIYIMA D03. Would it work with this amp?
  2. T

Audioengine N22 Amplifier Review

@amirm This is listed as "recommended" on the Master Audio Review Index FYI this should probably be fixed.
  3. T

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Just received my refurb x3700h yesterday. This makes me feel even better about my purchase.
  4. T

Whats the most efficient way to transition from 2 channel to 5.1 or 7.1 system?

Gotcha. Do you think that powering the main two LS50's through the TA-100 and the center channel LS-50 through the AVR would create a noticable imbalance? Or would that get corrected through Audyssey?
  5. T

Are your still using the 3500? What kind of speakers after you running through it? Right now I'm streaming music through Roku > TV > TA-100. I've though about moving to a raspberry pi set up. Would that be similar to what Heos does?
  6. T

Ah. I wouldn't use the tuner or the Phono to be honest, it probably would be best to just get rid of it and start fresh. Do you think something like the Denon X3500 would be able to power the LS50's cleanly with moderate listening levels?
  7. T

I'm not seeing any available online unfortunately, any recommendations on sites to check?
  8. T

Great point about the pre-outs. I didn't check to see if the lower models had those, I guess they'd be essential if I wanted to go the AVR > External amp route. What do you mean by AVR won't pass all the qualities of the E30?
  9. T

Thanks for the advice. So a surround pre-pro is basically an AVR without the amp? I could use the TA-100 that I have for two of the channels and get another 3 or 5 channel for the rest? I like the Denon AVR but it's a little out of my price range and 9 channels might be overkill. Do you think...
  10. T

I'm hoping to upgrade my 2 Channel system to something more robust. It will be used for mostly music but would like at least a 5 channel surround sound set up for occasional movie watching. I'm not too concerned with the sound quality/loudness of the surround speakers. My Current Setup: -KEF...
Top Bottom