Recent content by TSHRED56

1. T

Thinking about getting the WiiM Pro Plus

You're probably correct. Just wondering if anybody's had any experience. A long shot I know.
  2. T

Thinking about getting the WiiM Pro Plus

My LG OLED55C9AUA TV is notorious for optical signal drops. My current SMSL DO100 DAC allows for internal clock adjustments to compensate for this (DPLL) which I need to crank up to avoid dropped audio. Will the DAC in the WiiM Pro Plus handle my television's optical correctly?
  3. T

Protection circuit kicking in

Thanks for the reply. I have done all that. In fact the speaker wire was already built as a set with banana type plugs. I see that Peter at Quirk Audio specializes in rebuilding these amps. I've reached out.
  4. T

Protection circuit kicking in

My system: NAD 1155 preamp NAD 2200 amp A/D/S L1090 speakers The overload/protection kicks in at random times briefly on the 2200. It will also activate with only the amplifier turned on by itself, but occurs more when playing something. I think I've narrowed it down to occurring when the...
  5. T

NAD 2200 amp Soft Clipping setting

Okay. Thanks. I try to keep the system volume within a decent peak to prevent a spike caused by a DAC failure. I didn't realize Soft Clipping wouldn't help in that scenario.
  6. T

I use a remote controlled SMSL DO100 DAC to control the volume. I set the preamp volume levels med/high but as I think about this the soft clipping feature I realize it could come in handy. Worse case scenario is the DAC messes up and allows full feed suddenly. Might be good to have that...
  7. T

Does this setting affect the amplifier's sound? I don't play it at high levels so leave it off?
  8. T

NAD 2200 Relay Replacement

I got that relay suggestion from someone who's replaced theirs. I also found these. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/G2R-24-DC24?qs=ISjK4nnpKfEYS0vCk%252BdLCQ%3D%3D
  9. T

NAD 2200 Relay Replacement

I'm considering replacing my relays in my NAD 2200. Just checking to see if these are correct or if there are better options. NAD 2200 RELAYS Thanks.
  10. T

S.M.S.L DO100 DAC settings?

Thank you very much!
  11. T

S.M.S.L DO100 DAC settings?

My setup is an Nvidia Shield Pro USB audio out to this DAC and then to an NAD and A/D/S vintage stereo system. I also use Optical from the TV but not very often as we just use the soundbar for the news and such. Both my PCM Filter and my DPLL settings are set to1. I use the USB 2.0 setting...
Top Bottom