Recent content by tripitz

1. T

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

You are correct - apparently if you download the app and use a few other tools and mess with it, you can get an identical outcome (Amir has it in his Marantz review). ARC out of the box beats Audyssey out of the box.
  2. T

Best AV Processor under $3k? Lexicon MC-10, Anthem AVM 60, or something else?

I posted a thread on this forum about looking for a "good" AV processor. At your price point, the AVM60 is probably the best option. I returned mine after having HDMI issues and just purchased one again today (figured out a solution for my specific use case). I do not know where, except I...
  3. T

Lost finding a "good" pre-pro

As an update: dealer called and despite saying they didn't send a replacement leading to my full on return, Anthem actually sent a new unit. I picked it up last night and installed it today. This one is even worse. It *hates* the computer - no noise can be heard through the speakers. It...
  4. T

Not sure how one resolves it other than using balanced cables? Perhaps the Marantz doesn't have a good pre-out section (Amir seemed to indicate that on his 7-series review). I played around with positioning, cables, etc... as soon as the HDMI cable is connected the noise floor goes up. The...
  5. T

My Marantz supports Audyssey Mult EQ XT32 (Pro). No app support which from what I have seen in this thread is the game changer.
  6. T

Most PCs have some noise when it comes to audio. That being said, the amount of noise I was getting using the unbalanced cables was incredible. Very audible hum and high frequency sounds when the PC is in use. I think one of the major culprits is the AIO water cooler I have in there. The pump...
  7. T

Thank you *all* for the responses. This community is awesome. Unfortunately, as mentioned in my previous post I just put up, I do have some ground noise issues with unbalanced cables. Plus, the PC is electrically so noisy that it really messed with the system when using unbalanced cables...
  8. T

I did look at the 8500. Unfortunately, I am looking for a non-integrated unit as I already have a very good 5 channel amp (200wpc). I tried a Marantz integrated that a friend lent me and in my setup, I need to stay away from unbalanced cables. I think the long HDMI runs are creating a ground...
  9. T

I have yet to hear about Ratbuddyssey UI. Amir seemed to indicate that he had good results using the app. I cannot justify the expense to get the Room Perfect based systems. For that much, I can get a 4k projector AND a few other goodies. I am probably going to purchase an 8805 tomorrow...
  10. T

HDMI is for copyright purposes. That's pretty much it. They are trying to do a lot of things with it and the standard just keeps evolving quickly. I find it hilarious that LG has 8k OLEDs out that can run at very high refresh rates and NVIDIA is releasing video cards that likely can push...
  11. T

My Marantz has Audyssey Mult EQ XT32 (Pro) so it should be one of the better versions out there. I just do not like the target curve - the sub is almost impossible to hear in any situation. With ARC, it really integrated well into my speakers. It also flatted out some bass issues I have in my...
  12. T

My Marantz is a 7702 and does not work with the app unfortunately. Compared to ARC, the bass integration stinks and the sound is "flat" and lifeless.
  13. T

No.. not yet. I had to pull the Marantz that supports it since it is an integrated and I had to used unbalanced cables. For whatever reason, it *hates* the PC being anywhere connected to it (e.g., tons and tons of noise even if the PC is unpowered and part of the ground loop - even if plugged...
  14. T

As a follow-up, after Anthem started dragging their feet to get me a replacement, I dropped the unit off at the dealer and am using an old Marantz unit for the time being. So far 0 HDMI issues (although the AVR cannot support HDR, etc.). Unfortunately Audyssey stinks... Also borrowed a newer...
  15. T

Revel f226be?

My friend who owns 208s and B&Ws in the same system (he switches!) puts it, the precision that these berrylium or diamond tweeters provides is beneficial with certain movie effects. Breaking of glass. Dirt crunching under feet. etc.. I tend to agree with him which is why I reference his...
Top Bottom