Recent content by Triamping

1. T

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Since you mentioned it, I'm sharing a recent review, though non-scientific and opinion-based still honest audiophile headphone (amp) reviewer: Discrete Op-amp Round-up - Burson vs Sparkos vs Staccato Although I'm undecided (wheather or not its wise to change OP-Amps) I wonder which genius...
  2. T

Might be a relais issue? Relais are famous for the "sometimes it works perfectly, simetimes no sound at all"
  3. T

@Bust3r Some people will discourage you. Some people will encourage you. I'm only going to answer your questions, without any encouragement NOR discouragement. "Would I have to keep them ALL identical, do you know?" As far as I know, NO, they do not all need to be identical. You can, if you...
  4. T

@kiyu, can you elaborate for me why you would love to test it with SparkosLabs SS3602 Dual OPAmps? I'm openminded. Why SparkosLabs OPAmps and not one of many many other (newest 2021 make) high fidelity cheap/expensive OPAmps?
  5. T

Does anyone know how this little Windows 10 option "Sound Enhancements" affects our Topping DX7 Pro DAC device? Can anyone explain what happens in Windows 10, as well as in the DAC, if this setting is enabled? Do you have it on or off and, more importantly why do you have it on or off? The...
  6. T

Has anyone here experimented/tried any one of the the following affordable OP Amps in the DX 7 Pro? If the answer is YESS, then reply with your objective & subjective findings. (Compatibility, Current Draw, Subjective Sound Quality after direct A/B testing, Operating Temperature) Version Alpha...
  7. T

After research I have found that no such thing exists as an LME 47920 inside the Topping DX7 Pro. Its four times LME 49720 NA. Some say that the LME 49720 are the headphone amps, others say that only the AD8397 are the headphone amps. Being new here, I expect to be "carried on the shoulder of...
  8. T

@gvl interesting thanks for sharing your views and experience. And... did you find love (with another DAC/headphone amp) or are you still in search?
  9. T

Thanks for clarifying @dkinric. Enjoyed reading your comment... I am now becoming aware of the actual meaning and the philosophy behind ASR (with emphasis on the word science) as a place for measurable, scientific and objective findings. From now on I will narrow my posts to those that fit this...
  10. T

Can someone explain plz what @Veri is saying/meaning? I don't understand the comment and would like to learn being new here. @dkinric thanks for the suggestion! Started experimenting with Equalizer APO + Peace Userinterface and the results are incredible. How software equalizers have matured...
  11. T

Thanks for the comments! Our honorary Amirm's conclusion saves us all 160$. However it does not mention wheather the perceived vocal/musical/natural representation is "the same" or "similar thus different!" Are SNR measurements only 1 frequency, or of the entire spectrum of all possible musical...
  12. T

Interesting notes you hit there Kiyu. I think we understand eachother! Indeed ALC 1220. Good point about the height of the Burson, and I've heard they color everything beyond natrual. Like throwing spices on everying. Thai noodles, omelets, tea, cake, milk... "Why not?", "No thank you very much"...
  13. T

I bought the DX7 Pro second hand in great condition, like new. The digital volume button is precise and does not skip. Maybe only once every 30 turns half a decibel step. I Have read everything in this forum. All 75 pages. After many hours of A/B testing, I must conclude that the SupremeFX...
  14. T

Hello! I'm excited because I'm gonna buy a Topping DX7 Pro tomorrow, second hand :) What are the things to look for to make sure all is working normally? I'm bringing my Sennheiser HD600 for the listening session.
Top Bottom