Recent content by Totoro

1. Totoro

Review and Measurements of the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC

You’re basically espousing epistemological nihilism, ie that there is not truth, or if there is its inaccessible to us, so all arguments are equal, That’s a view of reality that would preclude the development of medicine, airplanes, computers, etc, if it were universally held.
  2. Totoro

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

It’s not XOR right? So could he any combination.
  3. Totoro

Having sworn I would never, ever use valves again,

Yeah I guess I’ll go tell Bill Frisell and Pat Metheny and John Scofield and Mike Stern they don’t know what they’re doing because you said so.
  4. Totoro

PC/Nuc version recommendations?

If you have it hooked up to a monitor, what does it show if you type htop or top while it’s thrashing?
  5. Totoro

PC/Nuc version recommendations?

I’m sorry but that’s a bit overstated. If someone wants to run a personal server for their music on windows, it’s not like the thing is going to just not work. I’m as much of a Linux proponent as anyone, but we shouldn’t be spreading FUD.
  6. Totoro

What are we listening to right now..

I love his stuff with Jordan Savalll and the cd set that has the Bach cello suites and some suites by de Visee. I’ll have to get this one
  7. Totoro

KEF LS50 & LS50W - Why the huge price difference

One of the things I really like about this place is people sharing stuff like this.
  8. Totoro

KEF LS50 & LS50W - Why the huge price difference

What dlna server do you like? I wasn’t super keen on plex when I tried it, so I’m still using Logitech media server with squeezeboxes and ipads with iPeng on them.
  9. Totoro

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Sorry I guess I meant to ask is there a noticeable difference in sound quality between an amp made from the 592mp ajd the 500 with the matching Hypex power supply and standard buffer.
  10. Totoro

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

@marchaudio sorry maybe a stupid question but is there a noticeable difference between the nc502mp and the regular nc500?
  11. Totoro

I thought I was jaded but....

This one is astounding to me. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9a34e-kemp-elektroniks-maxiimus-p16-flexii-ultimate-a-v-version-amazing-tweak-tweaks The MAXiiMUS P16 Flexii Ultimate A/V Version harmonizes electro-smog in your home. Also, your A/V set will perform the way you want much...
  12. Totoro

My journey to "audiophile peace" - #thankyounote

Try this? https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser%20HD%20800%20S
Top Bottom