Recent content by Totoro

1. Totoro

Horns - Necessary to complete the Audiophile Journey?

Yeah that was along time ago. My cats are 14 now. Maybe that was 12 years ago or so?
  2. Totoro

I think the main thing was I already had subs and have two 22 ish pound cats I don’t trust with stand mounts. As it is they perch on these a lot. Also I had a home built UCD 180 amp with speakons.
  3. Totoro

Well, mine are 15” 2 ways crossed over to a horn at like 1k. They don’t seem to be on his website anymore. these don’t count as horns? https://jamesromeyn.com/audiokinesis-speaker-models/gina/ edit: mine are a floor standing version of these with a pair of rhythmik subs instead of swarms...
  4. Totoro

I have a pair of @Duke speakers and love them.
  5. Totoro

Logitech Media Server etc...

I’m surprised nobody mentioned iPeng. I use that on ipads, which lets them act as players, as well as control other players.
  6. Totoro

Phones for more comfortable music work. Suggestions?

I think you will be happy with them
  7. Totoro

Phones for more comfortable music work. Suggestions?

You can get the hd 6xx for around $220 and the hd 58x for around $180 at drop.com.
  8. Totoro

The facemask thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchurian_plague I’ve seen photos of the originals from Manchuria, honestly they didn‘t look too different from what you described.
  9. Totoro

The facemask thread

That’s possible, but I am not totally sure. The way the pm2.5 masks I have work I don’t notice any air coming out anywhere other than straight ahead when I breathe out. I can feel it coming out straight ahead through the filter though. The part outside the filter is basically on your nose and...
  10. Totoro

The facemask thread

The greenfield clothiers one has a pocket inside so you can put a pm 2.5 filter in there. something like these: https://www.onepich.com/products?handler=face-sheild-filter&gclid=CjwKCAjw5Ij2BRBdEiwA0Frc9WqLpcy7Un51IJeR5UHdSQBTrK-TGjT4rHTJtsrqUfMu2zuq0bkmgRoCdI0QAvD_BwE
  11. Totoro

Speaker Cables At March Audio

I bought mine at the local guitar shop. Lol, my speaker cables are real high end: peavey
  12. Totoro

Coronavirus Is Indiscriminate

Frighteningly, in the US they don’t appear to really be outliers, :eek:
  13. Totoro

Coronavirus Is Indiscriminate

I wish I could like that multiple times.
  14. Totoro

Who's on Lock Down or Working from Home because of you know what?

I guess i'm lucky to have a souped up laptop running xubuntu for work and not having to use our vpn for really anything day to day (as long as I can get to github and GCS I'm ok). Maybe if the working from home thing goes on long enough your IT group will have to provide a better means of...
  15. Totoro

Who's on Lock Down or Working from Home because of you know what?

Just out of curiosity, why would you run your ide remotely like that? Is it a security thing, or do you have to run it on giant boxes or something? I just ask because I haven’t done it that way in a long time and I’m curious whenever I meet someone who works in a totally different style than me.
Top Bottom