Recent content by tmitchmd

1. T

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Ingenious. What "conductive grease" product did you use?
  2. T

Yes. Two dead amps. No. No. Definitely not the time to buy yet...
  3. T

You're the first on the thread, afaik, whose LA90D hasn't yet failed...
  4. T

Uh, wrong. Every single individual on this thread who purchased the LA90D experienced failure within 30 days of plugging it in, afaik. If there is anyone out there with a different experience, by all means please share it with us. From all appearances Topping is taking this problem seriously and...
  5. T

That's a good sign. BrightAudio says they are still selling, but are they shipping? If you or someone else figures out a cure, please let me know...
  6. T

I can now confirm a complete refund from BrightAudio on both amps, endorsed by Topping and refunded from aliexpress. Topping is apparently still troubleshooting the problem with the failing LA90Ds. Retailers are still listing the amp. I do not know if it is still actually being shipped. I hope not.
  7. T

Seems obvious enough, but the email quoted above came from Topping, not BrightAudio. I really hope Topping figures this out soon as I was beginning to really love these amps before they failed.
  8. T

Update: BrightAudio is providing a full refund and Topping hasn't figured out the problem yet. "This situation has been taken seriously by us, and we have collected several machines with similar problems for research, but there are no definite results yet. However, don't worry, as a serious...
  9. T

I bought two to use as mono blocks. After ~ one month BOTH are afflicted with the crackles and will need to be replaced. Has Topping determined the problem and implemented a fix?
  10. T

QOBUZ IN AMERICA

I am currently in the Qoboz beta and to my ears, it sounds pretty terrific. I am streaming from a Pixel 3 via the Qoboz app, Android shared to BubbleUPnP and delivered by ethernet to the Oppo BDP-105D. There are occasional dropouts and connection drops but it reconnects pretty quickly. The major...
Top Bottom