Recent content by Tks

1. Tks

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Meh, I guess Jersey and Staten Island getting dogged on wasn't enough? Though to be fair, Jersey isn't NYC
  2. Tks

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

When getting into audio a few years back I recall seeing this company's devices, but nothing in terms of serious performance measurements of note. The price was high back then, and it seems even higher now. So glad I went the RME route instead (I was mostly looking for all-in-one desktop...
  3. Tks

BASS!

4. Tks

VMV D2R Stereo DAC Review

idk why but the logo reminds me of a vape company I recall from the past
  5. Tks

Pics you’ve taken,

6. Tks

Pics you’ve taken,

Secret stash exposed
  7. Tks

Pics you’ve taken,

8. Tks

AI machines hallucinating

Great title lol
  9. Tks

New mysterious Genelec monitors

Just found out what these are today. My goodness, 6Kw amp, 126dB, $64K pair... Who's this for real talk?
  10. Tks

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I mean, I don't understand the point of using "high Q factor", that's what I meant by "no point", as in - no point in EQ'ing in such a way. Btw, how high are we talking just as an aside. And also show me what these "artifacts" are, where can I read up on this stuff, and how can it be teased out...
  11. Tks

I didn't, but the reason I didn't address it directly, is because he finds it weird we ignore 8kHz+ (as per his video). If he is aware of the fact of your second sentence, then I'm not sure why he would term our relaxed stance on high treble content as "weird". To be clear, I'm simply willing to...
  12. Tks

And that's fine, but seeing as how there's no point in this level of granularity, I'm not sure why it warrants mention given the scope of my original question. But fair enough on the elaboration. Naturally, but that's naturally tangential to what I opened the conversation with. Oh that's...
  13. Tks

Sure, but we're talking about a ~$50 IEM here that already adheres pretty well to the target (if that's a target you like I suppose). The fact that it does that, and has basically no distortion at 114dB is quite nice to see at this price range. Also, you don't need measurements of any kind to do...
  14. Tks

So for the first bit, can I not adhere to this notion and say no EQ is thus reliable when it comes to IEMs (or wherever else you think this applies)? Thus making EQ basically a random tossup by this logic? The second part about "distortion doesn't matter", okay, but why would it be a negative...
Top Bottom