Recent content by tifune

1. T

FS/USA: Genelec 8050B w full warranty

Selling a pair of 8050B's w full warranty. Opened the boxes to ensure I got what I ordered, but never actually used. Decided to go with Ones instead but it was too late for return. $2600 shipped to CONUS; will ship anywhere, contact me for estimate
  2. T

Genelec Subs for 8340 and 8330 in Mch. Dual 7360 or single 7370

That looks great compared to Windows. Have you ever tried an Atmos MKV?
  3. T

How effective would heavy ceiling treatment work here?

TY, that part I do think I understand; I'm not sure what speakers offer significantly narrower dispersion? Line arrays?
  4. T

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Sorry if I've missed it; I've seen it asked a few times but never saw a response. one cannot use subs as supports for ART?
  5. T

I'm certainly open to this, but I'm not sure what speakers meet that criteria? Thanks so much for this; REW is a bit overwhelming given my time constraints.
  6. T

thanks! is it possible to illustrate how you generated those views?
  7. T

Because I can't change the location of the speakers, I thought it might be useful to try different speakers instead. I'm not sure why the output is so much lower in these sweeps, any higher and REW gave me clipping warning, but I think it illustrates the effect is still present even with...
  8. T

Thanks for putting that together! luckily, if I'm reading attached 8361dlbc right, DLBC took care of that already. Not sure what's happening from 140-175Hz on R side (attached), though. Thanks, I haven't tried significant toe-in just yet. With DLBC, overall it sounds good to me but I can...
  9. T

Based on amir's mention that DSP can help with resonances (and because I upgraded front L/R), took a few new measurements today. one with no processing at all, one with DLBC on, and one with my HTP1 in Dirac Bypass mode. I don't see in the manual exactly what that does, but i figured why not...
  10. T

Thanks, the measurements are "raw"; I'm already doing that with Dirac DLBC (soon, ART when widely released) but I'm not aware of any DSP that can fix excess reverb That's exactly why I'm doubting the ROI, but unsure how to validate
  11. T

I'm always keeping an eye out for Kii/D&D used/b-stock, but hard to come by. Can you elaborate on "sufficiently effective"?
  12. T

I realize it's not possible to give a concrete answer, but I'm hoping to gather opinions deeper than "it's better than nothing" before spending so much. GIK sales have recommended 12x 244s (https://www.gikacoustics.com/product/gik-acoustics-244-bass-trap-flexrange-technology/) but I'm willing...
  13. T

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

Have independent measurements for any Geithain shown up anywhere? I sit around 4m and my room treatment options are limited, so they seem like an ideal fit but neither they nor their London dealers have answered any of my inquiries. I'd basically be buying completely blind
  14. T

Most suitable portable headphone amp for Dan Clark Expanse/Stealth

I tried the NX7 with my Stealth , which is a tiny bit more powerful than G5, and I heard a subbass problem which amir also mentioned in his review of G5. For that reason I went with CEntrance Ampersand. No measurements available, and their reputation here is not so good, but I have no...
Top Bottom