Recent content by tifune

1. T

Subwoofer Comparison

Of this (incredible) list, any honorable mentions re: WAF ? In my house, the order of preference is: small and high gloss finish. Examples I think of that strike good balance between WAF & output would be INKOGNITO, KF92, maybe SVS PC-4000 (in some houses, not mine).
  2. T

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

I'll leave the technical side to the experts, but in my experience there are simple yet very pragmatic benefits to less wires in home theater environments: higher WAF, reduced risk of hum, easier to go through walls/under carpets, etc etc
  3. T

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Because you say $5k I'm not sure if you're asking about the 8361 or W, but attached explains where the W price stems from. If you're aware of any other comparable product, we'd all love to know?
  4. T

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

DCA Stealth, I don't really use NX7 that much because of the mentioned sub-bass issue. Ampersand seems a bit better in that regard
  5. T

FS: Kef R3/R5/R11

It's an aesthetic choice, WAF basically
  6. T

FS: Kef R3/R5/R11

R5's are still available, would trade for black R3's if that interests anyone
  7. T

FS: Gloss Black Revel f226Be and c426Be

C426Be sold, 226's remaining
  8. T

KEF R3 Speaker Review

That height keeps the tweeter in line with the rest of the R series, which may or may not be of interest depending on your multichannel situation (budget, mostly) and aesthetic tastes. I got a 20" faux wood pair of stands for around $55 from Amazon in US, if you want to stick with Kefs...
  9. T

LS50 S2 Stand Questions: (1) How to fill with Sand (2) Should I mount or not?

I have the S2's and I've used them with LS50 Meta, R3, and other silly stuff like KH120 and KH310. Theyre definitely designed to bolt direct to LS50 line. knowing what we do about Kef, and the price point of S2, it's difficult to believe there's any negative impact to be had by using as...
  10. T

Low(est) profile mains and XLR cables you can recommend?

Planning on putting actives in the living room, where there is literally no way to hide cables. It's all wood floor, glass, and stone walls. What's the lowest profile XLR and/or mains cabling you've seen and/or recommend?
  11. T

New Towers-BMR Philharmonic, Revel F208, or other?

I'd personally do BMR towers over this, it's like having 2 of those subs already integrated by someone highly qualified. Then save up for a pair of "real" subs down the road to smooth out response
  12. T

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

I believe he's referring to this; as to how much it impacts the measurements, I haven't a clue. https://www.sonarworks.com/support/soundid-reference/360003040080-Using%20SoundID%20Reference/360005379700-Using%20SoundID%20Reference/360020099259-Using-third-party-measurement-microphones
  13. T

What would cause distortion if in/out impedance is flat?

I think this is the part I'm confused on - assuming my numbers are correct, 116dB is just short of clipping. But, you're saying it might still be clipping anyway? Staticv3 had a good point re: V, but assuming (again) these digizoid etc power calculator are correct, I should be about .3V under max
Top Bottom