Recent content by Tidaliser

1. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Mojo2 is down to £395 from £500 on Amazon, which is not too bad, yes Chord gear is expensive but so is most audio gear, as we know there is no shortage of people willing to pay crazy money for speakers, cables, headphones etc. I know in terms of hardware the Mojo2 doesn't cost any where near the...
  2. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I have a tone board with a optical connection passively mixed with the mojo2, A/B comparison is easy by selecting the target sound device in Qobuz, it's night and day to me. Normal chip based delta sigma DACs don't seem to sound natural to me, too digital sounding, most likely some do but I...
  3. T

I've got many DACs in that price range, none of them sound as good as the mojo2 to me, all the stuff that Rob Watts says seem to be true, basically 3d sound which I can even hear on my M50x's, the best instrument separation. I found by experimenting that the mojo2 seems to like the optical...
  4. T

Thanks everyone for your help, I did manage to find one reviewer doing the comparison, he basically said the Qutest sounds a little worse, I'll probably buy another mojo2 for my 2nd setup.
  5. T

So I have a Mojo 2 as my main desktop DAC and I'm hooked on the sound signature, my question is would a Chord Qutest be worth the extra cash ? Is the Qutest a worthy upgrade or does the Mojo 2 sound more or less the same as a Qutest ? I can't really find anyone doing this comparison...
  6. T

Splashed out on a Hifiman Arya and not impressed

Brand new stealth magnet version, it's even got swivel ear cups which I wasn't expecting. As mentioned the L30II could drive it, it just sounded horrendous as the volume increased.
  7. T

ok I've got this solved, now I'm hearing expensive headphones, they are shockingly good, it's all there now, loads of sub, mid bass, sound stage, vocals, depth, speed, insane detail and loud everything sounds truly next level and not the odd track - all of them !! I added a bit of cheeky sub+mid...
  8. T

Yes upper female vocals are garbage on the Arya, my M50x does a better job and that's saying something, I've dropped the mids down 1 notch on my Mojo, I don't like having to Eq headphones, especially expensive ones. I'll continue to persevere I have enjoyed some tracks earlier, then another...
  9. T

The L30 powered the Aryas, the L30ii definitely improves on the bass massively compared to the L30. My volume level is not reasonable, I like it loud, I like the bass to slam hard, not only that I need headroom, I don't want to keep tweaking the volume down or up between tracks. I'm not sure if...
  10. T

Having looked at many reviews I thought the Hifiman Arya would be what I'm looking for, the sound is detailed and there's good bass. I know it's a resolving headphone, it is. When cranking the volume up - I like it loud, it's not sounding that good, there's what seems to be distortion and / or a...
  11. T

Any DAC above $2 is a scam you DO NOT pay for Audio Quality you pay for Features (Article)

What I've done is put my cheap realtek DAC on one channel and the topping D10 on the other channel, volume matched them (roughly) using the balance on my amp, then via Windows just instantly switched between the DACs by selecting default speakers. I couldn't detect any additional detail in the...
  12. T

Any DAC above $2 is a scam you DO NOT pay for Audio Quality you pay for Features (Article)

I've done a bit of back and forth testing between these DACs, I think as you say if they aren't volume matched and if you can't switch between the DACs quickly it can be hard. From what I'm hearing the realtek cheap DACs still has the edge over the D10, that's not to say the D10 sounds bad just...
  13. T

That might be the case but if this cheap DAC can give me the same feel and satisfaction for music as something 10x or 20x the price then for one thing that's interesting and the other thing being these more expensive DACs are just that - more expensive DACs that offer no audible improvement...
  14. T

Seems like there's some sort of flame war going on here so I'm not here for that, I'm just curious about what I've found a while ago and that is a cheap headphone DAC using a realtek chip sounds better than my Topping D50 / D10 / SMSL M100 DAC. When I say sounds better I mean I believe I'm...
  15. T

Aimpire AD10: Fake Topping D10 DAC?

I think the pizza hat proves the point, you thought you'd be getting a pizza when in fact you got a hat :)
Top Bottom