Recent content by Tidaliser

1. T

Another where do I go next thread - help before I go insane

Ok just to end this thread in case anyone is interested I just got a pair of Audio-Technica MSR7 cans, not the 'b' version but the standard MSR7's, these are going cheap I guess because the updated 'b' version is available. Call me an audio noob but hell these sound good to me, definitely an...
  2. T

ok I got my Monolith M565C, don't like em :) poor bass, no bass punch, recessed mids / vocals, that's it I give up, M50X's can't be beaten, they're the best, end of :) Yes there might be more accurate and detailed headphones but for sheer enjoyment I say M50X's.
  3. T

I've read more than 1 review and source although overall there isn't many reviews for this specific model, the closed back 565C are using the larger driver, worst case they can go back to Amazon if they're no good, although if that happens I'll give up for a while and just use my M50's
  4. T

Ok I think I've got my next cans Monoprice Monolith M565C, to quote a reviewer on Amazon "they blow away my other closed cans (ATH-M50X, Senn Momentum). ", I've looked at the spec / wattage and other reviews, these seem to tick all the boxes.
  5. T

Ok I've tried my DT770 cans on my full sized Marantz amp, much the same result as my magni 3 amp, lacks volume and distorts if you push them too far, I think I know why. From the Beyerdynamic DT770 specs "Power handling capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . 100 mW " M50X specs "1,600 mW at 1 kHz"...
  6. T

I'm willing to compromise if I need to, again I have no idea how much external noise open backs produce, my M50's produce loads of external noise at the levels I listen at, so perhaps the difference won't be a big deal ? Yes I had considered planars but most reviews seem to suggest they lack...
  7. T

I've never heard the HD650's I'm just going by online comments / tubers / you tube sound tests etc. Perhaps what I'm after are HD650's with some umph on the low end.
  8. T

Yes garbulky I'll check out the HD700's, I think I did listen to 1 review last night and they said the HD700's have a different / odd sound and the reviewer preferred the HD650's, but yeah thanks for any suggestions.
  9. T

When I say clarity perhaps I meant detail ? I want to hear more detail from the music I listen to. As mentioned when I upgraded from my Sony cans which weren't cheap to the M50X it was 100% obvious the M50X sounded clearer, as mentioned the Sony's sound muffled in comparison or perhaps it was...
  10. T

I've heard the DT 770 cans have one of the best bass extensions - so I am toying with the idea of a swap of my 250 ohms to 80 now. Later I might try my 250 ohms on my full size amp with an headphone output and soundblaster AE-5 headphone output to see if I can drive these to a level that might...
  11. T

I had and sold my MDR-1a mk2, sounded muffled compared to my M50x's I play music from my PC, 100% Tidal, never anything less, so no mp3 files etc. So Tidal is at least CD quality and more for tracks at master quality, these are 24bit 96Khz sampling I believe.
  12. T

Well I'm looking for better clarity, sound stage, punchier bass, bass extension right down to some silly Hz like 5, so I'm thinking open back is the route for sound stage - perhaps not bass but the AKG 712 advertise a 3db lift in the bass area plus they don't cost that must relative to other...
  13. T

I have no boost at all, no EQ, all effects are off, Magni 3 on high gain, Tidal volume 100% master volume at 100%, Topping at 0db i.e. no attenuation, I've checked everything. Yes the magni 3 can drive the DT770 cans, at about 50% volume I get a volume level that's below the level I normally...
  14. T

I've used Equalizer APO several; times and always end up going back to a pure sound. The problem with the DT770 cans is that I can't drive them loud enough and when I do the bass distorts so badly, the bass sounds like a flappy fart. I have a magni 3 so I was assuming this would do the job - I'm...
  15. T

Yeah they sound awful, they're going back - what about the AKG 712 Pro cans
Top Bottom