Recent content by ThomDJ

1. T

Looking for passive compact desktop speakers | Dayton Audio vs. Neumi vs. SVS (?)

Thanks! This review is about the Prime Bookshelf speakers, I was considering the Prime Satellites. This will probably rule in favor of the Neumi's even more, though. I was afraid of this. I really can't quite get over how those Neumi's look, so I might need to keep looking based on aesthetics...
  2. T

Looking for passive compact desktop speakers | Dayton Audio vs. Neumi vs. SVS (?)

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some very compact desktop speakers, and I would very much appreciate some experiences / insights / advice. My budget is up to 250 EUR / pair. So far I've been looking at: SVS Prime Satellite: 241 EUR / pair Neumi Silk 4: 183 EUR / pair (based on this review)...
  3. T

Bookshelf speakers with good bass response to replace my Dali Ikon 2 MK1's

I've done a little digging, and I think I'm going for an SMSL A300. This has some built in bass and treble tone controls. I'll move the Fosi V3 to the office setup, and sell my NAD D 7050 I have standing there. I then only need a little HP amp / DAC, like a Topping DX1 or iFi Audio Uno.
  4. T

The thing I haven't mentioned in the OP is that I also have a preamp and turntable, with an input selector to switch between this and the DAC. With a WiiM I wouldn't have tone controls for this part of the setup.
  5. T

Verdict: sounds way fuller, with a more prominent low end! So I'm very happy with the ES20's. Thanks everyone! :D I'm still looking to add a little bit of tone control to my setup (mainly for late at night). I came across the review from @pma about the Audiophonics PRE-TC10 preamp...
  6. T

Thanks @wwenze for the informative comments! @restorer-john I have the 48V power supply. @Holdt I'll try option 1, as I'm not usually playing music at high volume. I would like to reiterate that getting a subwoofer is not an option at this time, even though this is the most straightforward...
  7. T

You could be right, maybe I'm expecting more than is possible from just two bookshelf speakers (at my budget). I'm going to do a side-by-side with the Polks regardless, just to see what I make of it. I wouldn't mind adding a subwoofer, but right now it's not an option, unfortunately.
  8. T

@staticV3; judging from the list you posted, the KEF Q150 also might be a good option if I can find those second-hand, right? Or is the woofer too small? @Klonatans; those look interesting, you're right. I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal in case I don't like the ES20's. EDIT: These are too...
  9. T

Thanks @Power Pop 23 and @staticV3! I think I'll try out those ES20's and will report back after I tested them.
  10. T

Thanks for your suggestion @Klonatans! I've checked Adam Audio out before, and the frequency range does look promising for the T7V, but I don't think getting active speakers is the way I want to go right now. I like the current modular setup, where I would be able to switch my amp in the future...
  11. T

Hey all, I've been looking for some replacement speakers for my Dali Ikon 2 MK1's. Lately, I've been listening to some more bass heavy music, and I'm left disappointed by the sound my current setup produces. The lower frequency tones have little impact or fall off. My setup is: Fosi Audio V3...
  12. T

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

A quick update to conclude my previous post. I couldn't get it to work, and switched to a Topping DX3 Pro+ (not the SMSL SU-6 mentioned before). With this device, LDAC enables instantly and works without flaw. Still not sure what's up, but happy with this result nonetheless.
  13. T

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Hi Howie, thanks for replying. Unfortunately, this does not work for me. After enabling HD audio and choosing the LDAC BT codec, I switch back to the device settings and the LDAC toggle is not there. You're right, that's what the picture shows. The toggle is there for the Topping BC3, but not...
Top Bottom