Recent content by ThomasMac

1. T

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

How does one check what firmware version is currently on my d70s? I can't seem to find a way.
  2. T

Trying to figure out if power amplifier is common ground or balanced/differential.

I'm receiving the Coda no.8 soon. I have a pair of RELs I wanted to pair with it using high level. I was told the Coda no.8 is a true balanced design. The manual isn't very clear to me. I see the words differential and balnced are mentioned in the manual but I don't know what it's referring 2...
  3. T

Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel Amplifier)

I noticed the same as well. Jay's channel has been added to my ever growing " for entertainment purposes ONLY" reviewer list. That's my nice way of saying that I don't take him very serious. It takes a lot to loose credibility in this game. But once you do... its a muddy hill trying to get it...
  4. T

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Id assume the CODA 07X would be all one would need for the #8. But haven't heard their products before but still considering buying their cSib integrated blind. How do you like the sound of the CODA combo? Hope you don't i side rail the thread for a moment and make it about CODA :)
  5. T

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Sorry for the late reply. Yes... I did. Have had the two running togther for a little time now. Using xlrs. Sounds good to my ears. Combo works very well. :)
  6. T

1.5kΩ to 2kΩ I believe. The Ares 2 is appx 1.7k single ended 2.4k balanced. So, if u go by the 10x rule of thumb that a lot of people suggest... That's a huge mis match.
  7. T

I emailed both Topping and Denaphrips. And they both didn't recommend it. Topping was especially more straight-forward with telling me no...which I found interesting since you'd figure they would want to sell me their product. I think Denaphrips adds some kind of buffer to all their dacs to...
  8. T

Denafrips

I can't figure out why Denaphrips makes their pre amps with such low input inpendance. They don't even match when using XLR on with the Ares II.
  9. T

IOTAVX SA3 Stereo Amplifier Review

If one just wanted to use the sa3 as a dedicated pre amplifier... do u hook it up from sa3 pre out to pa3 amp in? Their manual suggest hooking it up from sa3 preout to pa3 preout. I don't quite understand that.
  10. T

I have to ask... if one was to pair the Ares II up with the Schiit Freya +...using XLRs...in tube gain.. Would that be a bad move? Freya +...I think has a input impedance of 10k. Ares II, as stated above is 2.4k. I have both coming this week...didn't really to think to check the Freyas input...
  11. T

Impedance matching DAC to power amp

So... If one was to pair a schiit freya + with a input impedance of 10k with the denaphrip ares 2 that has a output impedance of 2.4k... ..it'd prob be a bad match? (feya + in tube gain, using balanced xlrs to dac)
  12. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

They told me that even though they didn't have a exact date that I should look for the upgrade happening in "a few months". That was about 2 and a half months ago. So, we'll see.
  13. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I bought this with the intent of using it just as a streaming solution. App works great and is very functional. I'd be happier when they come out with the usb upgrade but this thing is a great device for my usage. Using with the Topping D70S
  14. T

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Interesting. Never heard of a power amplifier manufacturer specific say to not use a tube preamplifier. I'm sure the pre 90 is good though. I have active speakers and needed a pre amp for them. Freya + is probably a little over kill for my set up. Was considering the pre90 but I like to make my...
Top Bottom