Recent content by thomasjast

1. thomasjast

Topping Dx3 Pro+

Doesn't the setup process require you to hold a button while while connecting the power adapter? Or rotate the volume down a few spins while in standby to do a factory reset. These things are from memory, so I might be off.
  2. thomasjast

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I just got one of these. I like it! Previously owned the original V1 DX3 and then a D50S + Atom combo for years. Single unit simplifies a lot and the digital volume control is aces. Not happy about the modern trend of not auto-switching output based on headphone jack detection. I tried the...
  3. thomasjast

JDS Labs Atom DAC+ Review

I'm still patiently waiting for a version of the Element with digital volume control. Channel imbalance isn't a thing I can deal with at any price.
  4. thomasjast

The treble on the Sennheiser HD660 S is just .... wrong

I just keep going to my 6XX headphones despite hearing so many others. They're just plain excellent at any price.
  5. thomasjast

Good open-back ~$200-ish headphone?

I recently re-bought the HD599 and I just love them. The (overly, to some) warm midbass is exactly what I like about it. They really shine on wimpy sources like a DualShock 4 output where a 6XX is pretty quiet at max volume. This new 560S seems like a real winner if it fixes the midbass hump...
  6. thomasjast

Good open-back ~$200-ish headphone?

Wow, thanks for this! What a great review!
  7. thomasjast

NAD M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier Review

Whew! My M27 lives on! Thanks for the review.
  8. thomasjast

Amazon Basics cables

Just imagine what your radio will sound like when it finds out that it's actually a toaster!
  9. thomasjast

Upgrade D30+Atom to E30+L30?

D50s + Atom here. I would only change it out if there was, say, A Topping DX4 Pro all-in-one with digital volume control. Otherwise the Atom is all a person needs for normal use. Perfect channel balance is the thing I chase, personally.
  10. thomasjast

Sennheiser HD6xx amp

JDS Atom user here. It’s superb with the 6XX.
  11. thomasjast

I could live with Bose speakers

Lexus tends to use Mark Levinson in their cars, and the systems sound amazing. Source: me.
  12. thomasjast

Are a dac and an headphone amplifier really worth it vs my phone ?

Your HD650s at 100mw will blow your damn mind. :cool:
  13. thomasjast

The most comfortable headphones: a) Open b) Closed

Open with velvet pads (Sennheiser) is by far the best for comfort. I've been through thousands of dollars of headphones and that's what I'm sticking with. If it ain't comfortable, you won't use them, no matter how great they sound.
  14. thomasjast

Is the hype around SVS subwoofers justified?

SB2000 x2 owner here. First subs I've ever owned that did everything right and nothing wrong. That's saying something.
  15. thomasjast

Ultimate woofer

If they had used a dryer, they’d have a sweet 220V input!
Top Bottom