Recent content by theREALdotnet

1. theREALdotnet

Deep and narrow frequency null around 90hz - shall I be concerned?

Are there any walls/floors nearby that could cause extinction? Like, 95cm-1.05m from the right woofer cone and 90cm-1m from the left woofer cone? Do the nulls move when you shift the speakers to change those distances? EDIT: If it were room modes the null would be at the same frequency for...
  2. theREALdotnet

Shogun

A nerdy and very interesting point of view. One of the standout differences between 1980 and 2024, besides all the superficial stuff, is how the Japanese dialog (the majority of dialog on screen) is being handled.
  3. theREALdotnet

Shogun

I’m only two episodes in, but I feel a bit less enthusiastic. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great adaptation, and I eagerly await the next episodes. However, I cannot help making comparisons with the 1980 version. I do like the greater detail in the story, owed to it being twice the length...
  4. theREALdotnet

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

The Guilini/Philhamonia 1961 is one of the most highly acclaimed recordings of Don Giovanni. I’m very impressed with sound quality of this 2016 remaster (on Qobuz). The soundstage is very deep and convincing, you think you can walk around among the characters. The digital booklet (147 pages)...
  5. theREALdotnet

A Call For Humor!

You mean, “Lucas” is actually Eric? :p
  6. theREALdotnet

A Call For Humor!

Safety first, especially during a photo shoot!
  7. theREALdotnet

Taking SACD to the next level?

I’m assuming that the result of your SACD rips are DSF/DSD files? In that case, upsampling is a waste of time and space. Convert to 96/24 PCM, for maximum compatibility, space saving and no loss of quality.
  8. theREALdotnet

Post a picture, a photograph, a drawing, a screenshot, ...no words.

Ah, thanks! I thought I recognised the iconic Barcelonian city planning pattern…
  9. theREALdotnet

A Call For Humor!

How do they get from 115 to 122mph then?
  10. theREALdotnet

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

Can’t say I know much about them. I’d say more along the lines of Kingswood Warren :)
  11. theREALdotnet

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

I want speakers to have purposeful, utilitarian design. I do appreciate fine woodworking and hate sloppy build quality, but I want speakers designed by acoustic engineers, not the marketing department.
Top Bottom