Recent content by theonline3333

1. T

How to connect an extra speaker to TV that has a soundbar

I think I am going to try plugging a powered/active speaker into the headphone jack and see how that goes echo wise before upgrading everything with an avr and new speakers. They are happy with everything now but I just want to make it to where one of them does not have to wear headphones to...
  2. T

Oh nice, you can set the surrounds to do stereo L and R signal instead of the rear surround signal?
  3. T

Thanks. Then it sounds like I could order an active speaker to plug into the headphones jack or a pair since I do not really see them sold as singles. They tried a standalone bluetooth speaker but it had too much lag. Maybe a more expensive one would work better though we may just try plugging...
  4. T

Thanks. I do not live there and am not sure what the exact model is but I know it is a big screen samsung 4k smart tv bought in the last couple years. I think it is connected to the tv with optical but not sure to be honest. I think it is a vizio soundbar if that helps. I do know that they are...
  5. T

My parents have just a soundbar with their tv and it is hard for one of them to hear the tv from their seat but the other one hears it fine. One solution was headphones but I want to get them something that lets them not have to wear headphones. They do not want to do surround sound. Is there a...
  6. T

Denon channel level adjust

Thank you. I have mine at the default 0 db setting for tv and movies. I checked on that when I got the AVR and people said that would have the most bass. Thanks but everything is fine now there is nothing to fix. I have emotiva t0+ towers for front L and R and emotiva c1+ center. They are...
  7. T

Thank you for the recommendation. I have Dynamic EQ on. DV even on light just feels like it takes a lot of the "fun" out of what I am watching. It just feels like a lot less bass even with DEQ on. I do often turn DV if I am watching a movie with loud parts late at night but keep it off most of...
  8. T

Thanks for the explanation but I am happy with it now. I do not really need to know how it works just that it is working. Dynamic volume does help with voices but the bass it takes away makes it not worth it for me even on the light setting. I already use dialogue enhancer on medium. I am just...
  9. T

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback and recommendations. I do no have a lot of experience with audio stuff. I just like it to be loud enough to hear well and for the level of bass I can get without a sub to be as enjoyable as possible without worrying too much about upsetting neighbors. I...
  10. T

Thanks. I think I will just have to play around with it and see what sounds good to me. I just do not know much about this stuff and do not want to risk damaging something. Someone had said that doing the channel level adjust to +5db was like doubling the amount of power going to the speaker and...
  11. T

I found my audyssey level settings on the denon. For some reason it had set my center speaker to -5db, front L and R are at -1.5db, surrounds at -1db, atmos at +5db. I changed the center from -5db to -1db to put it a little higher than the L and R. Does that seem reasonable? Should I change it...
  12. T

Thanks for the feedback. I think I understand it a little more now. I changed my scale to that other one and now my regular listening volume is around -36db or so. I do not really like that scale so I think I will turn it back to the regular 1-98 or so one. So if -35db on that one scale is 45 on...
  13. T

Thank you. That sounds good then. I have seen people talk about volume being at 0 or -10 which does not make sense to me. My volume is at like 40 on the avr.
  14. T

Thank you. Is +5db in channel level adjust reasonable? Does anyone do higher?
  15. T

Thanks. So it sounds like it is around the same. I was wanting to make sure that +5db on channel level adjust for center and atmos was reasonable, sounds like it is.
Top Bottom