Recent content by TerryO

1. T

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

Derek, We look forward to having you attend our meet. We have a couple of members from your side of the Sound. Our show is just DIY show and tell. Best Regards, Terry
  2. T

Yes, I think you pretty much have the idea! Best Regards, TerryO
  3. T

Excellent question, with no definitive answer. In Seattle, the weather determines so many things and activities that even a rather sketchy answer is apt to be completely wrong. Just the same, this event is indoors and the parking lot is only 50-60 feet away. So, be brave and defy the odds by...
  4. T

I talked to several of the local DIY guys yesterday and they're bringing a fair amount of goodies to share with attendees and interested people. The problem with these events is that you can never be sure of how many people will be attending...
  5. T

Just about a month to go until the meet. I'm working, trying to finish up a couple of projects!
  6. T

Just a hint as to what I may bring (no promises!) ...several preamps, a few amplifiers, a speaker or two and who knows what else. I'm also hearing about several other potential entries that include DACs and Music Servers (from exotic to economical).
  7. T

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

The Pacific Northwest Audio Society in Seattle has conducted many comparisons over the last 20+ years and Vinyl has always done very well. The CDs have never bested LPs, although digital files have nearly equaled analog LP's. However, R2R Tape such as The Tape Project products (and others)...
  8. T

To add to Rene's list, I'd be quite surprised if there weren't a few speakers as well...
  9. T

The Pacific Northwest Audio Society has done many comparisons over the years and vinyl has nearly always been preferred by the majority of the members.
  10. T

I'm probably giving away my age, but the first records I ever bought and listened to, were all 78's! Later there were 45s and finally 33 1/3 records. Many records were recorded and much Classical music was available in analog records, but have never been released in a digital format. The best...
  11. T

Wonderful! We alternate this event every other year, with our DIY Speaker Contest. Lots of fun. Best Regards, Terry
  12. T

Hi All, The 2019 Puget Sound DIY Show is being held on Saturday, August 10, 2019 starting at 10am on Mercer Island. This is a joint effort of the Pacific NorthWest Audio Society and the Sound DIY Club. This is not a contest as such, but rather a "run what ya brung" meet, that is open to all...
Top Bottom