Recent content by tehas

1. T

New product: Arvus H1-D

Forgive me for being stupid, but I still don't understand. eg - how does a consumer grade avr maintain sync between audio and video? once the audio in the incoming hdmi stream is extracted, it is decoded, has room correction (audyssey etc) applied to it - does this happen in sync with the hdmi...
  2. T

@DSPman noob question - why is hdmi clock sync important ? ie what effect would we see if the audio is synced to the master clock on some IP network ? is the concern pops and clicks in the audio? or losing lip-sync?
  3. T

I messaged Matthew from Arvus with a link to this thread asking: His response is copied below, with his permission:
  4. T

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

FWIW, part of my eagerness is because I'm stingy. I don't have any kind of Dirac Live, but I want to purchase Live, DLBC and ART as a bundle, with the hope of non-trivial savings when purchased as such.
  5. T

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Its October ! Any non-Storm announcements? @Flak when can we get ART on PC? :D
  6. T

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

I wonder why the focus on size - "half the size of an apple tv"? I'd happily accept something larger, even1RU in size if it makes it more serviceable.
  7. T

Need help! KEF R11 very subdued

If you have access to a dealer or friend with a known-good set of R11s, you could measure those for comparison.
  8. T

Need help! KEF R11 very subdued

You could use an SPL meter (or an app on your phone?) to test if the KEFs are playing at a significantly lower volume, that can't be explained by sensitivity differences. If you have access to a measurement microphone, you could also do a more in depth measurement of each individual speaker...
  9. T

KEF R3 meta Measurements

Forgive me if this is off topic - I'm curious about the Klippel measurement system. It doesn't look like the same setup as Amir/Erin use - this is not the NFS, correct? Can the software be used with off the shelf/non-Klippel measurement hardware as well? What are the license requirements?
  10. T

DIY Room Treatment Panels - Faced or Plain fiberglass boards?

I'm considering building DIY room treatment panels using Knauf fiberglass panels - I believe its the same material GIK acoustics uses in their panels, and sells on their website. I'm DIY-ing because I'm on the west coast and shipping from GIK/RealTraps etc is prohibitive (basically doubles the...
  11. T

Active Monitors for Surround / Atmos with Passive LCR? Or Ceiling Mount bookshelves?

good point on the reflections, fortunately my ceiling is fairly easy to line with some OC703. The Kali is also a great recommendation, for 700$ a pair including amplification!
  12. T

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

Great ! Appreciate that it will be a much more affordable build than with the Purifi :D
  13. T

Revel C763L In-ceiling Speaker Review

Thanks for the review Amir ! I've been thinking about how to get quality Atmos speakers in my listening room, and I think the best choice is upside down mounted bookshelves, with the tweeter pointed at the main position. Unfortunately, precious few bookshelves come with built in mounting...
  14. T

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

forgive me if I missed something - what tweeter was chosen for r2? Or has it remained unchanged from r1? I see from the vcad sim, you've chosen sb15nbac30-4 for woofer.
Top Bottom