Recent content by Tatr76

1. Tatr76

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

Most news outlets are ad shells so are chasing eyeballs so sensationalism and race/gender/ect baiting rife. When I go on holiday for a few weeks and don't keep up or to places with less or different news, the world is still turning and they have just moved on to new "Most Important Crisis"...
  2. Tatr76

Turntable atop of other devices

A game I play on ASR. Whenever I see a new thread asking a technical question about a TT, nothing to do with sound reproduction I always try and guess how long before the obligatory don't get one/rubbish/digitise, bonus points for who out of the serial posters just waiting it is. I had comment...
  3. Tatr76

You’re a MiniDisc fan but don’t exactly understand why?

Have denon and sony minidisc players plus Sanyo portable that have picked up a while back. Sony is in music chain. 100 or so minidiscs mainly novelty finds in thrift/charity stores. Also collection from bandcamp as only physical media some artists offer and I know it gives them a little extra...
  4. Tatr76

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I got same deal I think, with polk speakers from Peter Tyson. Sold hdmi cable on ebay for £99 pounds which made whole deal pretty cheap. Selling them did make feel a little bad as such a con.
  5. Tatr76

A Call For Humor!

I took it as Mike has lisp so would pronounce purse like the city Perth in Australia?
  6. Tatr76

Music CDs came out in the 80s and we still can't replicate their quality?

Lossless is great and have huge library I have ripped from cd's or buy. Love thrifting cd's in second hand from shops for pennies or buy new to help artists like on bandcamp. Still play them but more often just stream ripped from my digital library. But Mp3's still was a revelation to me and...
  7. Tatr76

Cable management (NOT a "which fancy cable" thread)

Mine plays too. Even worse looked after my nieces free roam rabbit for a couple of years who just ate wires as if it was an Olympic sport
  8. Tatr76

WiiM Pro Streamer

Had same problem and got this answer that fixed issue, you could try as well. Are you sure you are choosing correctly when “casting” from the Amazon App - I can see my pro there twice: once as a Chromecast device and once as a recognised AMHD device - choose the latter to get Ultra HD. Post...
  9. Tatr76

Extreme Snake Oil

After watching Darko video, even though knew it was joke it was eerily no different from other videos produced that are made seriously but known snake oil. 10k iq play as now we must believe he knows the difference when peddling some nonsense.
  10. Tatr76

"New Threads" in addition to "New Posts"/"What's New" in Menu...

Works with specific sections like Speaker Reviews, Measurements and Discussion Go to category then filter option on top right and sort by first message descending. Under pinned comments they will now be in order of last created date wise. Does not solve problem globaly but only as I say on...
  11. Tatr76

"New Threads" in addition to "New Posts"/"What's New" in Menu...

I use the first message filter which seems to sort into latest created threads in relevant section. Not 100% sure this solves said problem.
  12. Tatr76

WiiM Pro Streamer

Where are you? ordered mine on 1st, coming tomorrow in UK.
  13. Tatr76

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Denon X6700h under €2000 (£1719) in UK on multiple sites.
  14. Tatr76

Today is exactly 40th anniversary of CD in EU/US. Is that a reason to celebrate? How many have you collected? And how do you store your treasures?

Still buying to this day, mainly charity/thrift stores and a few from bandcamp. Fun finding them on days out, you can tell a lot about town by what cd's are in their charity shops also really cheap way to build music libary. Rip then store most but have a few hundred of favourites out for playback.
  15. Tatr76

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks for heads up, just snagged one :)
Top Bottom