Recent content by Tarkus1984

1. Tarkus1984

Audiolab 6000CDT experience

I think the feature I liked the most about the Audiolab was its ability to read pretty banged up CDs like nobody's business. If using optical solves the intermittend audio issue and if your unit does not scratch CDs, I think you have a winner. In my case optical was not an option as that input...
  2. Tarkus1984

Thanks for contacting me through DM, @Perception . I'm pasting the contents of our exchange here for anyone else looking for additional insights. Unfortunately I had to send back two different units of the 6000CDT to Amazon as both scratched some of my cd's and both presented the audio cutting...
  3. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

Hi, another vote of confidence for the qobuz interface in the wiim app. Although it took me a bit to find my regularly used options, it works just fine and most importantly, I haven't had any issues with the music playing end of things. The fact that it has gapless playback made a world of...
  4. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

I would say you're putting her on a great path at such a young age! My setup didn't even look like that at 36 lol
  5. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

I'm going wiim > dac > preamp > amp
  6. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

weird! could it be something specifically with the schiit multibit dacs? I'll test mi modi 3 tomorrow and see if I get the same as you. Thanks for the reply!
  7. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

thanks for the quick reply! I just sent a feedback ticket through the app.
  8. Tarkus1984

WiiM Mini Streamer

I got my Wiim Mini today. Configured with no issues. Selected 24/192 as max output but got no sound when doing the test in the app via Android phone. I have a Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC that I'm using through Optical. Selecting Qobuz with a max output of 24/192 also gives me no sound out. 24/96...
  9. Tarkus1984

Thanks for taking the time! I will definitely get a replacement. God bless Amazon's return policy.
  10. Tarkus1984

I absolutely agree. I contacted audiolab through their website, explained the situation and I was asked to contact the distributor I bought this from so they can help with the issue. They said distributors have the knowledge and experience to help out. Weird reply but oh well
  11. Tarkus1984

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I tested this over the weekend and the interruption only happens when the coax is active. At this point I think I will return my unit and get another one and see if it does the same.
  12. Tarkus1984

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a 6000CDT transport and while I love everything about it, I've been experiencing a strange issue that through a lot of testing I have narrowed down to the cd transport. I hope any other fellow owners of the 6000CDT and chime in in case you have experienced...
  13. Tarkus1984

Static electricity causing issues with audio. Please help!

Could you elaborate on this a bit further please? would this missing shield connection be on the coax cable itself? or could it be in one of the components, either the cd transport or DAC coax inputs/outputs? Just for further testing sake, I replaced my Bifrost DAC with a Schiit Modi and to my...
  14. Tarkus1984

Ok, so I did some further testing and the culprit seems to be one of the following three: Coaxial out of the cd transport Coaxial in of the DAC Coaxial cable (my personal bet) I tried multiple zappings and the only one that has an effect on music playback is when the cd transport is active...
  15. Tarkus1984

Hi everyone, I’m having some weird issues with static electricity in my audio setup and I would appreciate your thoughts and tips before something gets fried. I'm a very layman kind of person when it comes to electricity so apologies in advance! For context, humidity where I live is currently...
Top Bottom