Recent content by Tansen

1. T

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Happy New Year! Just wanted to chime in that the D10 DAC is stellar and I am more than happy with this setup. I had plans to upgrade but D10 and A90 are good. As is my Senn HD 660. But I am hoping to get the DCA Expose after a good demo/audition and call it my END GAME headphones setup.
  2. T

Modern versus vintage audio equipment

Vintage audio-Extreme value for money if you have a wife/partner who agrees with you on sound quality Over nice looking sleek speakers which cost a ton.
  3. T

Reliability is very important- completely agree. But would t apply to speakers as much as amp/ preamp and phono. Again more of a question asi have no experience and a newbie to vintage gear. Thx
  4. T

After using paradigms for 8 years I can still sell them for 50% price and buy 2-3 sets of big bulky speakers! WAF can cost some 10000+ or more dollars!
  5. T

hawk eyes! Yup-Philips AD-0210. Was told they are decent. Not sure if original domes were better? New to vintage audio.
  6. T

My audiophile journey began with a onkyo home theatre 5.1 thx system in 2008 as I was not happy with tv speakers. Then I upgraded to an anthem avr mrx 710 and Adium prestige 95 speakers. I was happy for over 6years till1 I discovered open back headphones and chi dac/amp. More recently I...
  7. T

Topping A90 cannot power vintage bookshelf speakers: Infinity RS-2

It’s my headphone setup. D10 balanced dac, topping a90- sennheiser hd660 and Hifiman HE6. Speakers is a new additio to the setup.
  8. T

Thx. Can I buy a vintage amp like sansui r505 as a budget friendly alternative and use a90 as a pre amp?
  9. T

Kindly help me understand why my setup cannot power vintage bookshelf speakers. I couldn’t find an answer in previous similar thread -https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-d90-a90-with-power-amp-and-subwoofers.30702/ Mac to D10 to Topping A90 to XLR output to...
  10. T

Using Topping A90 Pre-out to powered studio monitors?

Kindly help me understand what you said for my setup. Mac to D10 to Topping A90 to XLR output to Vintage bookshelf speakers Infinity RS2. Topping knobs are in pre, xor and gain setting knob set to high. I can barely power the speakers. Volume knob set to just short of max. Even using a eq...
  11. T

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

I share the same sentiment. The free Trs adapters are a nice touch but make the whole unit abnormally long and difficult to handle. Although multiple buying options exist for 3 feet and longer cables, 50cm length cables are rare on Amazon. For a D10b to A90 if I use 2 trs to xlr male cables, do...
  12. T

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I am using it with D10 balanced and it ROCKS. I did try Node2i as a DAC before and also momoprice monolith THX DAC and AMP combo as a DAC with A90.
  13. T

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

TGIF! I have a best practice question? Do I need to power off the A90 unit by flipping the front steely know to off position AND the traditional plastic power button at the back? Or always keep the front knob to HPA and just use the switch at the back. I make sure not to plug in any...
  14. T

Suggestion to change headphones or DAC

I just started using SoundSource with HD660S and am curious to know what EQ profiles are the best: Oratory1990, Crinacle, Rtings, Innerfidelity, Headphones.com, Reference audio analyzer? From no EQ to getting Spoilt for choices!
  15. T

Newbie desktop headphone listening setup question

Abracadabra!! SoundSource with 10 band EQ set to Jazz and Headphone EQ of oratory 11990 made Drums of New Orleans -Wycliffe Gordon come out ALIVE. Damn Audiophile hobby is like a onion-Layers to peel causing tears of joy or sorrow from depleted savings.
Top Bottom