Recent content by szhchen

1. S

IFI hip dac battery issue

I didn't notice drain issue with my hip-dac. If any unit drain so fast, should it be warm when turn off?
  2. S

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

My unit have popping sounds at sample rate higher than 352khz. The inconsistent quality is the reason why I think they should make m500 v2.
  3. S

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

The probability M500v2 will come up is really high now.
  4. S

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

You know you will have to measure it next. right?
  5. S

well I think this is the true answer. 1.07 firm will break some M500 revision
  6. S

Defected new products is always there. But RMA to china is really trouble some. SMSL can't or no willing to deal with china customs. SMSL didn't offer me a formal RMA step to make sure I won't taxed as trading. Where free RMA shouldn't be taxed on both side.
  7. S

The volume tab shouldn't exist if firmware is 1.07 or 1.08. I think driver on OS is identical. Driver info revison stuck at 1.05 really mean the XMOS firmware stuck at 1.05 or 1.06. I hope this can fix by user. But I think they fucked up since it is the first XMOS XU216 device they make. I...
  8. S

SW should be 1.5 not 1.05 "pops/clicks between songs" means between 2 tracks- one track ends then pop/click before next tack? Or you are just like my M500. Get numerous random pops/clicks in DSD256 track? But I have no pop/click at any MQA situation (during playback/ changing tracks ) HW...
  9. S

My symptom is click/pop once about 5 second.that sound also happens when sample rate change or digital input change. Exactly the same with me.
  10. S

Do you have issue while high bitrate playback?
  11. S

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Does dx7 pro have display off and auto shutdown timer?
  12. S

It is sad to hear Topping also have these issue. I was considering refund and go for DX7 pro. SMSL finally admit my M500 is defected and promise for replacement.
  13. S

PC performance or USB port bad condition do cause there problem on other USB DAC. But I believe some M500 have defective USB interface. I have test 4 PC、2 laptop. I borrowed 2 8th gen i7 form ITM department. They are brand new hardware and OS. All behave the same.
  14. S

@SMSL-Mandy e-mailed me the 1.08 firmware. And I also tried the one on official sight. And I even build a fresh installed Windows do these and test. I have ask manufacturer here and emailed the official. They try to convince me my device is normal and one of them even said it is normal to pop...
  15. S

Excellent... I just got a defective M500.
Top Bottom