Recent content by sychan

1. S

TPA3255 4-channel module review - $12.50 per channel but is it any good?

Actually, the hypothetical usage is from an 8 channel DAC, so if I dedicated 4 channels and just had the channels as (high, mid, low, low) with 2 of the 4 channels just being copies of the output for the woofer, would that work?
  2. S

For the diver I'm thinking of, the voice coils are 4 ohms each: https://www.daytonaudio.com/images/resources/295-104--epique-e180he-44-spec-sheet.pdf
  3. S

Would it be possible to bridge 2 of the channels to get a 2.1 setup for an active 3 way with extra power for the woofer? Or would it make more sense to use all 4 channels by wiring 1 channel to each of the voice coils on the woofer (woofer has 2 voice coils)?
  4. S

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

TI documents everything you need to implement PFFB. From what I can tell, the tpa3251 evaluation board they sell for $200 includes the footprints for PFFB, and its just a matter of populating them with the right components. TI seems to give away all the design files for their reference...
  5. S

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

@3eaudio I understand that everyone seems to want the high power TPA3255 amps, but now you have received the blessing of Audio Science Review, and hopefully people are buying more of your boards! Do you think you will do another round of the 4 channel boards? It looks like there are clones of...
  6. S

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

Usually, once the crossover can get the speaker frequency response to be flat, you use tone controls or an equalizer to tweak the sound. It's a lot more convenient than trying to adjust resistor values in each crossover.
  7. S

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

I don't think they are out of business, but they don't seem to be producing any new products, which seems very different from their vigorous product development pre-covid. It seems to be in a holding pattern.
  8. S

I haven't seen anything from Johan, the Allo guy who was on the forums, in years and I don't know if they've released anything new recently. They seem kind of moribund.
  9. S

Allo had a TPA3255 amp that they were hyping up, but that kind of got blown out of the water by Covid. In the meantime a lot of other companies (like Topping) have come out with really nice TPA325x amps either complete amps or modules (the latest 3eaudio with PFFB) , so the market is really...
  10. S

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Spherical speakers look super cool, but doesn't a sphere maximize internal reflections at the wavelength based on the diameter of the sphere?
  11. S

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

It took some work to get to mod5 on that speaker kit, and Scott Sehlin (who did the different mods) was already pretty experienced designing speakers and crossovers. I don't think you are going to be able to just drop in a new pair of midbass drivers, make an easy/cheap mod to the crossover and...
  12. S

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Its not just a 5" midwoofer, its a 5" midwoofer with a big hole in the middle of the cone for a concentric tweeter. If this was easy to do, we'd see them everywhere and for cheap.
  13. S

New Affordable Accuracy Monitor from Philharmonic Audio?

You're right! I mistakenly thought the C-Notes used the DC160, but they use the smaller DS135. Sorry for the bad info.
  14. S

New Affordable Accuracy Monitor from Philharmonic Audio?

The last AAM was an odd kit from what I recall, Dennis used most of the BR-1 kit, but upgraded the tweeter to a nicer Morel, and then did his crossover magic. You might want to see if someone is hording one of the kits and willing to sell it. Getting the group purchase worked out with Parts...
Top Bottom