Recent content by sychan

1. S

Best raspberry pi dac

Some people claim that running the WiFi on your RPi degrades audio performance and they recommend ethernet or an external dongle. I had noise after setting up a PecanPi streamer, and tried it wired (wifi disabled entirely) vs using WiFi and it did not effect the noise I heard. Ultimately the...
  2. S

Best raspberry pi dac

You can also underclock your RPi, basic streaming isn't very compute intensive. No reason to really run your clock faster and generate waste heat. http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/11/musings-raspberry-pi-3-b-touch.html
  3. S

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

Can you name a few for those of us looking for such things?
  4. S

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

Did you look at the reviews of that thing, or just at the price and photos? Here's the unmodified frequency response in green, notice how it starts to dive after 5kz. If you go and remove some caps, it looks like the red line. The Allo looks a lot more turnkey than the Yemiugo.
  5. S

Best raspberry pi dac

The Allo Boss was generally near the top of the heap for upper-midrange DAC hats, but seems to have been superceded by the AroioDAC in blind listening tests when comparing cards of similar price. The Audiophonics I-SABRE DAC also seems to be better rated in blind testing. The tests have issues...
  6. S

My experiences with chinese generic TPA3251 and TPA3255 amplifiers

When I was looking at the specs for the 3251 vs 3255, the 3255 obviously had more power, but also seemed to have more distortion at mid to high frequencies at comparable output. This is the graph for the 3255 that shows how THD+N rises as the frequency goes up, peaking at .1% at for 25W...
  7. S

Parts Express DIY C-Note Speaker Review

I saw that you had asked about this on AVSForum and also on the Parts Express Tech-Talk. I think Tech-Talk is really your best bet, as would be contacting Parts Express directly.
  8. S

Review and Measurements of Topping TP60 and FX Audio FX502SPro Amps

It isn't really a consumer product, more like an audio hobbyist item, but the guys at Allo have a cheap, mostly plug and play amp: https://allo.com/sparky/volt-plus-stepped-attenuator.html Allo's gear generally seems to be pretty solid when measured here in ASR (looking forward to seeing if...
  9. S

[SOLD]Feather AMP FA-500 (ICEPower 125asx2) $100 shipped

Sorry, its been sold already.
  10. S

[SOLD]Feather AMP FA-500 (ICEPower 125asx2) $100 shipped

I've recently upgraded amps and have too many of them sitting around. This was one of the clearance Feather AMP FA-500's that are basically a pre-amp and an enclosure around an ICEPower 125asx2. I plugged it in to verify that it works, but haven't used it for more than an hour or so. It has...
  11. S

[SOLD]Chromecast Audio for sale

Sorry, I just returned from the post office. Its sold and shipped.
  12. S

Sale pending
  13. S

I have a lightly used Chromecast Audio with the original cables, power supply and packaging all included. I got it new and have probably used it for all of three weeks before succumbing to the convenience of AirPlay and Volumio. These seem to be selling for about $50+shipping on EBay, I'm...
  14. S

Future DIY Speaker Testing Strategy?

I would donate money for reviewing speakers, but I'd like to have influence over which speakers. You could try a "Review bounty" where for a certain period of time, maybe every 2 or 3 months, a list of DIY speakers for review are posted and then people can vote with their bounty donation...
  15. S

Parts Express DIY C-Note Speaker Review

The graph of the distortion at ~3khz was in thread on the tech-talk forum discussing replacing the stock Dayton DSA135-8 with a Fountek FW146, which would get rid of a lot of the woofer distortion, but also drive price from $100 to $175!
Top Bottom