Recent content by Sunsetter

1. S

In-line crossover?

I am putting in a Yamaha MusicCast-based system for the top floor of my house, covering three bedrooms. This will be driven by a Yamaha XA-QS5400RK amp, with two channels bridged to power the master bedroom speakers. The master bedroom will also have a small (SVS Micro 3000) subwoofer attached...
  2. S

Speaker dilemma

Corner placement of bookshelf speakers isn't an option due to the bathroom door. I am actually leaning towards in-wall in the corners, perhaps Revel W893. I know in general speakers all the way in the corners is to be avoided, but here on one side I have an extra foot+ of clearance due to the...
  3. S

Speaker dilemma

We are remodeling most of our house, and I am really struggling to figure out stereo speaker placement in the master bedroom. The layout is in the attached picture. There will be a king size bed along the 13'6" wall (headboard against that wall). I was hoping to have two bookshelf speakers...
  4. S

Bookshelf speakers for bedroom

I don’t have much choice on speaker placement given the room configuration. There is 12-15” of space from each corner to a closet door. Then there is a few feet of space between the closet doors. The speakers would be much too close together if they are placed between those doors. Alternative...
  5. S

Why do you recommend the standard R3 over the newer Meta version?
  6. S

I hear you on the floorstanding speaker space point. It is less about real estate than it is about appearances, as a bookshelf speaker on a stand is visually lighter than a tower. We have a pair of Revel F328be speakers in our living room, and they are legit huge. They are not inappropriate...
  7. S

I am in the market for standmount speakers for my master bedroom as part of a remodeling project. The room will be about 16' x 17' with a 9 foot ceiling, and the available spot for these speakers is at the corners of one of the 16 foot walls. The bed will be centered on the opposite 16 foot...
  8. S

Revel C263 vs Revel C363 In Ceiling Speakers and 5.2 vs 5.2.2

Has been a few months since you posted this, but I was looking for information on these speakers myself just now and lo and behold: spinorama data is available at https://speakerdata2034.blogspot.com/2019/06/revel-in-ceiling-speakers-spinorama-data.html. Would be curious to know what you ended...
  9. S

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

I still care about stereo sound, and sound quality in general, even in this use case. I also do want to extend whole home audio that is enabled by the Yamaha MusicCast system I already have invested in with respect to my living room, family room and media room.
  10. S

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

This thread is addressing exactly the decision I am facing right now (especially given that the price of the R3 is currently the same as LS50 Meta), but my use case is different than what I am seeing discussed here. I have been considering the LS50s for a music-only stereo system for a largish...
  11. S

SMSL M7

Yes, I did see the reviews on that one, but was just curious about the M7 vs the Topping since they seem like they stack up pretty closely on paper. I also just saw the review for the Loxjie D30, which tested out very well on this site and is only $170 on Amazon - that may be the winner.
  12. S

SMSL M7

Has anyone done any testing, or seen any reviews on, the S.M.S.L. M7 DAC + headphone amp? I am planning on getting a Yamaha WXA-50 for my home office to replace the ancient, noisy Denon UD-M50 receiver (you can always hear the last-heard radio station in the background when on the AUX input, as...
Top Bottom