Recent content by StrikeK

1. S

Bass head looking for a desktop USB DAC + amp that can drive a 600Ω headphone for 500€ or less

Thanks again for the replies! You're right, of course. An equalizer is exactly what I'm looking for. I wanted a magical bass boosting switch instead, because I assumed only devices that are way out of my price range came with a built-in equalizer. Basically I thought of a "bass boosting" switch...
  2. S

Bass head looking for a desktop USB DAC + amp that can drive a 600Ω headphone for 500€ or less

Thanks again for all the replies! Topping DX7s: I haven't found any balanced cables for my headset. I guess that rules this one out, because its unbalanced 6.35mm output can only drive headphones with an impedance up to 300Ω. Its output power is less than the 0.3W @ 300Ω mentioned by...
  3. S

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still where I was when creating this thread. :p Yes, I've disabled the on-board audio ever since I've (physically) installed the STX. I've been using Unified Xonar drivers on Windows 10 for as long as I can remember, because I had issues with the ASUS ones when...
  4. S

Hi, the title probably says it all. :p I'm looking to replace my discrete sound card (ASUS Xonar STX, due to ASUS' lack of driver support) with something more serious, but at the same time I'm definitely not an audiophile and don't care much for a neutral sound stage. In fact I prefer it to be...
Top Bottom