Recent content by strea

1. strea

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

All good. I ended up going Genelec completely digitial w/ GLM and their own Genelec volume control. Everything ships in tomorrow. Been quite the process, but hopefully everything ends up well :)
  2. strea

GLM4 4.2.0 a big improvement in sound quality

I have SPDIF out from my ASUS x570 Dark Hero motherboard, but it looks like toslink? (has the protector cover thing) rather than the RCA type input. Says SPDIF above it and protective cover is glowing red from underneath.
  3. strea

I see. I suppose I'm looking for the "least points of failure so to say". I have little understanding of these adaptors and connectors and I'm sure your system will sound great but the simplicity of going from PC -> USB AES Interface such as MOTU 8D -> 8330/7350 feels good to me, even if it is...
  4. strea

Okay, understood. And I think there's still confusion here, one last try because we are on better terms now. Analog did not fail me, it worked properly per the advice I was given. Everything was set up properly, sound was produced, and volume levels were fine (even though I would have preferred...
  5. strea

My apologies was not intended, I see it said a lot around the forums. I genuinely appreciate the advice, although I often see @Tangband say he found sound improvement via an all digital setup by removing an additional DA conversion and going all digital so I was exploring that route (hence all...
  6. strea

Something constructive, thanks. Yes I know the Pro can do it with a breakout cable. I don't think I need the functionality of the Pro though, just a small black box like the Matrix or Motu 8D will probably serve my needs. Although the MOTU has a lot more than I need as well, but my previous...
  7. strea

Quite the contrary, my math and understanding of how dBu and dBFS functioned was correct after researching. The part below discussing optimal SNR is subjective. Of course I'm not going to hear the difference between 100 dB SNR and 115 SNR, but I just wanted to make sure I understood the numbers...
  8. strea

Correct, I was trying to understand if "dBu" was a universal metric or not. I was learning about audio overall and the product. At that point I was still considering an analog setup, but after watching the GLM video and seeing all the benefits of the GLM software, I decided to opt for all digital.
  9. strea

I literally explained to you why it didn't work and then the reasons why I wanted to upgrade. What's your deal man? You seem to have an issue with reading comprehension. If you got nothing else to say that adds positively to the conversation why not just move on? I thanked you for your previous...
  10. strea

Yeah what a shame, 20 days into my audio journey and rather than educate you downtalk. There’s a ton of sectors I’m extremely educated in and even when people are wrong 10 times I still try to help them. I’d never respond in your manner. Buzz off.
  11. strea

Yes but I like the control at my fingertips hence the 9310b volume knob that is made for GLM. With all this said, back to which USB AES Interface is best please.. or if they are all essentially the same.
  12. strea

The previous analog setup didn't work because of the reasons I explained above (the units were defective then I returned them, so I no longer have a 8030c). The advice provided was perfectly fine. With that said, upon further research I decided I'm not interested in playing the DAC level...
  13. strea

Sure. I attempted to cut corners on price and was shipped units that were manufactured in Jan 2021 (I did not know this before purchase). They were described as new, although they were "on sale" for some reason. I regret this and should have just ordered from a more trustworthy website like...
  14. strea

Thank you both. And yes e_h I read that thread last night. With my knowledge atm I've compiled my options MOTU D8: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/8D--motu-8d-usb-avb-interface-with-aes3-and-s-pdif Topping U90 USB Bridge: https://apos.audio/products/topping-u90 Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 3...
  15. strea

I was considering going with a 8330a/7350a digital setup. I recently learned a basic analog setup, but I had some issues with the products and returned them and researching again.. For a basic setup, would it go PC -> USB to Matrix-X -> Matrix AES out -> 8330a -> 8330a -> 7350a using cables...
Top Bottom